deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Arixmethes - Comments  (Read 225 times)

Comment Bot

Arixmethes - Comments
« on: October 11, 2019, 12:43:39 am »
Arixmethes

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

HotPotato

• Decks
Re: Arixmethes - Comments
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 12:43:39 am »
Hey ! I really liked the idea of your deck and how flavorful it is. Really liked how you want to overwhelm your opponents with deep-sea monstrosity. Although, I'm quite not sold on the Reef Worm, which might be tricky to get to die in many situation. i could recommand you in its place Guardian Project, which will act as a powerful draw engine at every stage of the game.

Same thing for Thing in the Ice, because it could be really powerful, but in your deck, bouncing your own non-Horror creature is more of a blowout than in any other decks, as your creature's average CMC  is really high. And your instant and soreries' CMC is quite high too, you might not activate it in two turns or less which would be really slow. Instead, I think the flavor and reward for Quest for Ula's Temple might interest you, or an efficient card draw spell like Chart a Course or Divination might be enough.

On a last note, I think the Whale is a bit to light on the body and slow with its effects. If you want something similar, I will suggest you a Breaching Leviathan or a Shipbreaker Kraken, but my favorite would be the Nimbus Swimmer to take care of the flyers problem and be flexible. And if you have money to spend, Hydroid Krasis is even better in that role (always the card draw).

In this type of deck, you might also like things such as The Great Henge (Hmm, so tasty in commander, every mana dork becomes card draw in the late game ! ) , Whiptongue Hydra or Whirlwind to get down those pesky flyers (depends on your playgroup I guess). 

I hope you liked my suggestions, and I also hope that you'll have great game with this deck !
" The worst part isn’t the pain, or the smell, or even the fear of death. It’s hearing the clatter of bone on stone and knowing the bones are yours. "