deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Commander Legends Spoilers  (Read 10700 times)

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
Re: Commander Legends Spoilers
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2020, 01:41:31 am »
Oh I get it now!

It's the tortoise and the hare. The turtle is themed around going slow, so the rabbit will likely have something to do with haste.
Is there any confirmation that that's the theme? Or is it just a coincidence.

HowlingLotus

• Uncommon Members
  • Decks
« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2020, 06:08:24 am »
Oh I get it now!

It's the tortoise and the hare. The turtle is themed around going slow, so the rabbit will likely have something to do with haste.

Only thing confirmed was from Maro's hint post that said we were getting a Turtle Shaman and Rabbit Wizard (both legendary).

It's honestly too low hanging fruit to miss I feel, especially based on the flavour text they gave the turtle. I would be shocked if the rabbit didn't have haste at the minimum (and flavour to match the turtle).
Mainly play Casual Multiplayer and EDH.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2020, 03:16:26 pm »
Oh I get it now!

Only thing confirmed was from Maro's hint post that said we were getting a Turtle Shaman and Rabbit Wizard (both legendary).

It's honestly too low hanging fruit to miss I feel, especially based on the flavour text they gave the turtle. I would be shocked if the rabbit didn't have haste at the minimum (and flavour to match the turtle).
I missed the flavor text. Yeah, that's intentional.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2020, 03:26:02 pm »

Gnostro, Voice of the Crags

1URW
Legendary Creature - Chimera

T, Choose one. X is equal to the number of spells you cast this turn.

-Scry X.
-Gnostro deals X damage to target creature.
-You gain X life.

3/3

Soulfire Eruption

6RRR
Sorcery

Choose any number of target creatures, planeswalkers and/or players. For each of them, exile the top card of your library, then Soulfire Eruption deals damage to the target equal to the convered mana cost of that card. You can play the exiled cards until the end of the your next turn.

Anara, Lupine Familiar

3G
Legendary Creature - Wolf Beast

During your turn, commanders you control are indestructible.

Partner
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 04:49:08 pm by Morganator 2.0 »

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2020, 04:46:59 pm »

This card could be interesting in Sidisi. I've been debating adding a flashback package (I have several packages of 10-15 cards that I swap in and out to give the deck different feels though the decklist here on the site is the one I play the most). This card, Dralnu, Lich Lord, and some flashback spells (Dread Return, Krosan Reclamation, Cackling Counterpart, Deep Analysis, Coffin Purge, all come to mind). I don't think it would be too competitive but it could be fun.
This space for rent.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks

HowlingLotus

• Uncommon Members
  • Decks
« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2020, 08:52:13 pm »
 Ardenn probably wants to partner with 0 CMC Kobold. Just need to see all equipment and auras once full set spoiled.

In terms of drafting, that is.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2020, 01:49:33 pm »

Hmm, curious to see what blue cards come out that have partner as this one has my brain churning but I need access to blue for what I want to do.
This space for rent.

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2020, 02:36:07 pm »

Hmm, curious to see what blue cards come out that have partner as this one has my brain churning but I need access to blue for what I want to do.

If nothing else comes out, there's always Malcolm. I mean, he doesn't do much for graveyard strategies, but he is called Malcolm, and that's petty cool.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2020, 04:45:52 pm »
For whatever reason, Tormod is the first commander that truly makes me excited. At first thought, he pairs well with Ravos, Soultender, which I have lying around. I wouldn't know how to build the deck, but the synergy is there.

Also, ngl, I just read Armored Skyhunter fully for the first time, and damn, that card is good in equipment/aura decks. Like really good. It has evasion (which makes the attack trigger easy to get), an ok body, digs 6 down which makes it hard to whiff in a dedicated equipment/aura deck, and puts the equipment/aura into play AND attaches it to a creature. Also, small note, it's on attack, so the stats the equipment/aura provides are added onto damage. And you can do that every turn. On a 4 CMC creature. I'm not saying it's op, just that it is a really good piece of card advantage for voltron & aggressive strategies in white, which is just good to see.

Last thing is a bit of a rules question involving Sagas and Ghen, Arcanum Weaver. I'm wondering if I can let the saga go to its last lore counter, then sacrifice the saga in response to the ability.
Here's a snippet from their extended explanation on how Sagas work:
After the last chapter ability has left the stack, you'll sacrifice the Saga...Most often, the ability leaves the stack because it resolved, but sometimes it'll be countered or leave the stack in some other way. No matter how it happens, as soon as that last chapter ability isn't on the stack, you sacrifice the Saga immediately as a state-based action.
That last line "as soon as that last chapter ability isn't on the stack, you sacrifice the Saga" makes me think that in response to the last ability entering the stack, I can sacrifice it. Anyone more experienced with the rules want to give me a little more confirmation/explain why it doesn't work?

If it does work: Ferb, I know what I'm doing today.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2020, 06:50:27 pm »
Boros Charm, Thought Vessel, Akiri, Line-Slinger (etched frame), and Derevi, Empyrial Tactician (etched frame) reprints.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2020, 08:21:22 pm »

Slurrk, the All-Consuming
5G

Legendary Creature - Ooze

"Slurrk, the All-Consuming" enters the battlefield with 5 +1/+1 counters.

Whenever it or another creature with a +1/+1 counter on it dies, put a +1/+1 counter on each creature with one.

Partner

0/0

Mud Ooze (I get the feeling this translation is off)
2GG
Creature - Ooze

Oozes you control get +1/+1.

At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control your commander, create a token that is a copy of "Mud Ooze."

0/0

Nadier's Nightblade
2B
Creature - Elf Warrior
Whenever a token you control leaves the battlefield, each opponent loses 1 life and you gain 1 life.
1/3

Nadier, Agent of Twilight
5B
Legendary Creature - Elf Warrior
Whenever a token you control leaves the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on Nadier, Agent of Twilight.
Whenever Nadier leaves the battlefield, create a number of 1/1 Green Elf Warrior tokens equal to his power.
Partner
3/3

Who is this guy supposed to be debasing? Does he spend all day on Facebook telling others that they don't know how to play Magic?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 08:51:39 pm by Morganator 2.0 »

HowlingLotus

• Uncommon Members
  • Decks
« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2020, 09:52:36 pm »
Those two Ooze are interesting. Not like green has trouble with +1/+1 counters.

For Slurrk, the All-Consuming I'm interested in the fact it doesn't specify creatures YOU control, just that creatures with +1/+1 counters get more.

For Mud Ooze, I see it having potential in that people will try to mutate onto it like Scute Swarm.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 09:54:18 pm by HowlingLotus »

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2020, 09:57:41 pm »
For Slurrk, the All-Consuming I'm interested in the fact it doesn't specify creatures YOU control, just that creatures with +1/+1 counters get more.

This could also just be a translation error.

Xaarvaxus

• Decks
« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2020, 10:28:10 pm »

This could also just be a translation error.

I see two instances of あなたがコントロール in the text [though its hard for me to read clearly on the screen] which I think is 'you control' though Sly could probably say with far more certainty. 

The other non-legendary ooze has the kanji for 'mud' in its name but combined with the other kanji, not sure how that changes the meaning.  Best I could come up with [again, hard for me to read on the screen] is some combination of mud/muck/mire and pile/heap.  My Japanese is kind of a 1.7 out of 10 though so I'm probably just sticking my foot in it by posting anything.

EDIT: Spelling
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 10:58:52 pm by Xaarvaxus »