deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tópico: DC - Prossh (help required) - Comments  (Lida 729 vezes)

Comment Bot

• Visitante
DC - Prossh (help required) - Comments
« em: Novembro 13, 2015, 12:01:47 pm »
This is the comment topic for DC - Prossh (help required).

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für DC - Prossh (help required).

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

Pedrolan

• Decks
Re: DC - Prossh (help required) - Comments
« Responder #1 em: Novembro 13, 2015, 12:01:47 pm »
nobody seems to like prossh here?

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Responder #2 em: Novembro 14, 2015, 07:37:16 am »
It's not a bad deck but I feel that if you played cards that helped use prossh's effect multiple times then you'd have a more streamlined deck. Cards like bone splinters that say sac a creature to get (___fill in the effect), then that would work because you could use the card's effect to kill your tokens that you make and still have a strong flyer on the field. My best suggestion is to add creatures or spells that return your commander BACK to your hand so that you can RE-CAST him instead of flicker him out of exile (otherwise the effect wouldn't work). If you had cards like roaring primadox, impact tremors, and  (either fervor, hammer of purphoros, or even madrush cyclops) then you would have a dragon who enters the battlefield with haste, creates tokens and (because of impact tremors) would deal damage to your enemy for every creature that you play who enters the battlefield. That's how you use prossh to its fullest. Let me know what you think.   

Pedrolan

• Decks
« Responder #3 em: Novembro 14, 2015, 01:46:56 pm »
Firstly, Thanks for this comment, I was wondering if Prossh, Skyraider of Kher was kind of hated here.
What except the roaring primadox, could bounce Prossh back to my hand?
Indeed
- impact tremors is in continuity of Purphoros, God of the Forge
- fervor, hammer of purphoros and madrush cyclops are also good little Xenagos, God of Revels we could also talk about Urabrask the Hidden

There is also so many cards I was looking to include like :
- Mana
Phyrexian Altar
Ashnod's Altar
Garruk Wildspeaker
- CA/QA
Meren of Clan Nel Toth
Smothering Abomination
Worldly Tutor
Dimir House Guard
- Blast
Outpost Siege
Firespout

In fact, I don't know, maybe I should do as you says : "just" increase synergies around creature sacrifices to deals various effects

G. Moto

• Decks
« Responder #4 em: Novembro 14, 2015, 06:20:50 pm »
The cards that you are proposing are good ideas but to get the deck up and running try to stick to the modern and standard cards first, that way you have a good skeleton to build off of. Also the tricky part to sacrifice decks is that you can't have EVERY card say sacrifice (___fill in the blank) because then you'll be destroying permanents that are needed. If you do choose to do the sacrifice method make sure that when your creatures enter the field they have a use, and when they die they have served a purpose. For instance; playing bone splinter with any of your tokens can kill a larger creature and it's a one drop black spell. And yes roaring primadox would repeatedly bounce back your dragon so you can keep recasting it and making more tokens. Or you could just focus on his secondary effect and play creatures like pitchburn devils, polluted dead and maalfeld twins. A good combo would be to play roaring primadox with wakedancer on the field. That way you can bounce her back, sacrifice one of her tokens to your dragon, and then play her to make another token. Then just keep repeating the process.

Pedrolan

• Decks
« Responder #5 em: Novembro 15, 2015, 12:19:40 pm »
Sorry, but I don't get what you mean by "try to stick to the modern and standard cards first, that way you have a good skeleton to build off of"
sure, sacrificing everything is not an end objective except in rare cases
I was more intend to have Mitotic Slime, Sprouting Thrinax etc..., but your idea around roaring primadox and creature with ETB effect is pretty cool !
I also know I shouldn't build a deck around my usual opponent but he is running a Marath, Will of the Wild, that use all his resources on getting deathtouch so he can OS any of my dearest minions (thats why I use ramping spells instead of elves)

thanks again it helps to discuss

G. Moto

• Decks
« Responder #6 em: Novembro 15, 2015, 02:16:38 pm »
     It's fine. And maybe I wasn't being clear when i made my statement previously. Whenever I build a deck I try to stick to the plane that the majority of the deck's core focuses on. Since you're running prossh i would recommend using mostly cards that come from Alara (which is modern), however you don't have to be restricted to just that plane to build a good deck (especially in commander). I say this because often times people add cards to their commander decks to fill up space without actually having all the cards contribute to the overall theme or purpose of the deck. They'll take cards from every set they can think of but some blocks and their cards are tailored to certain in-game creature mechanics. That's why playing in a certain plane shows you new ways to use cards from other planes in new and creative ways

Also there's nothing wrong with having a sacrifice based deck, in fact i run one with the new Ob Nixilis reignited and it works pretty good for a standard abzan deck (you can check it out if you look at my deck list on my page). My only thing is make sure you have enough creatures TO sacrifice (or steal your opponent's using act of treason). Reason being if you have three or four cards on the field that ALL say sacrifice to have a certain effect happen then you're sitting there wonder "what do i need to keep and what can i afford to get rid of?" Not saying you would have this problem but it's something to keep in mind while playing other decks.

Lastly to take care of that behemoth of a commander try playing red burn/black destruction spells that also EXILE creatures. You can also play archetype of finality to cancel out the deathtouch aspect of his deck and give it to yours. That way if it's toughness gets 3 or lower you could always annihilating fire it and exile it from the game. Take into consideration that you're playing Jund, a 3-color deck designed for aggro and battle tactics. Using cards that deal lethal damage whether they be blazing hellhound, fiery conclusion, or even burn away would be advantageous for you to add to this deck. Also adding black cards such as deadly allure (because both colors in it's regular and flashback cost are in your deck) would work well for you. Just think of it this way; 1) how does my opponent play, 2) what cards are he he/she using to make it happen, 3) what are cards that work in the complete opposite to his/her plans, and the most important 4) how can I make those cards work COHESIVELY in my deck. Think on it for a little bit an let me know what you think OK? 

Pedrolan

• Decks
« Responder #7 em: Novembro 18, 2015, 09:50:40 am »
OK, so building your deck around the Plane make it more "role play" and  consistent on that plane's gimik.
As you can see, when I build a deck I pick cards from everywhere whitout any considerations on the plane they are from.
At first I was more on plane building because I re-start playing Magic from scratch so I bought 1 booster box from Scars of Mirrodin to Return to Ravnica so I only had 3 planes available.
I had strong decks so my friend start to buy cards 1 by 1 (and was also uber lucky on a booster box from Theros).
So he fought back until he was strongly equipped to beat me bad every single times.
Then I started to buy cards also and we are now almost even during our battles.
But my building suffers and I now look only for efficient cards (that I can afford).

I'll work on your ideas, see if I can get made of to update my current deck list. but unfortunatly not in the comming days.

Many regards

G. Moto

• Decks
« Responder #8 em: Novembro 19, 2015, 05:36:57 am »
It's no problem and deck building based off of planes is not a requirement but it's just a concept that I use to help me organize my cards, learn the set better, and understand certain mechanics. Sometimes when you're stuck with only one set of cards you learn new tricks that people would not have thought of. One way that I build my decks is this; Choose a plane (totally optional), Choose my creatures (because to me they are the most important part of a deck, depending on the play style and theme of course), decide what spells help your strategy and what spells protect your deck and hurt the opponent, and lastly mana fix and play test. As you do this you learn what belongs in the deck and what doesn't. Also keep in mind that you're playing commander so try building the deck around the actual creature rather than just the creature's colors. Because in commander it's the creature that usually wins it for you. Keep up the practice and let me know how you do in the future.