deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Aggiorna Sessione button and then try again.

Autore Topic: Any anti-exile cards out there?  (Letto 6483 volte)

natesmith

• Decks
Any anti-exile cards out there?
« il: Novembre 16, 2015, 02:25:15 pm »
I'm building a Sedris EDH deck, and I was wondering if there are any anti-exile cards in black, blue, or red that I could use?  Something that I could use that would negate the exile of the unearth ability and will just put the creature back in the graveyard?  Or does it not work that way in MTG?

Bartley

• Greetings!
  • Decks
Re: Any anti-exile cards out there?
« Risposta #1 il: Novembre 16, 2015, 03:20:00 pm »
there are a lot of ways you can make them hexproof?

Shea manning

• Decks
« Risposta #2 il: Novembre 17, 2015, 04:22:34 am »
You can use bounce and flicker type effects to get around the exile effect as it re-enters as a new creature

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Risposta #3 il: Novembre 17, 2015, 07:39:14 am »
Shea manning has a point. That's why conjurer's closet, nephalia smuggler, and especially ghostly flicker and deadeye navigator would be must haves for this deck. Because they fit your colors, they exile and bring back creatures (ghostly flicker at instant speed), and it helps the overall mechanic of your deck. Was this advice helpful to you?

rockbard

• School of the Unseen
  • Decks
« Risposta #4 il: Novembre 17, 2015, 08:03:21 am »
Flickering effects do not work with Unearth, because the ability says that "if it would leave the battlefield, exile it instead". Cloning effects work, you could unearth a creature, then cast a Clone or have for example a Vesuvan Doppelganger that turns into that creature. The copy would not have unearth, so it doesn't have haste but you don't have to exile it.

natesmith

• Decks
« Risposta #5 il: Novembre 17, 2015, 06:25:32 pm »
Shea manning has a point. That's why conjurer's closet, nephalia smuggler, and especially ghostly flicker and deadeye navigator would be must haves for this deck. Because they fit your colors, they exile and bring back creatures (ghostly flicker at instant speed), and it helps the overall mechanic of your deck. Was this advice helpful to you?

Yes it was.  Thank you.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Risposta #6 il: Novembre 17, 2015, 06:36:58 pm »
well under the rulings section of this website that i just checked (http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Unearth) the unearth effect won't permanently exile your creature UNLESS you exile and bring it back yourself first.

natesmith

• Decks
« Risposta #7 il: Novembre 19, 2015, 01:43:49 am »
well under the rulings section of this website that i just checked (http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Unearth) the unearth effect won't permanently exile your creature UNLESS you exile and bring it back yourself first.

So Deadeye Navigator works?

G. Moto

• Decks
« Risposta #8 il: Novembre 19, 2015, 06:06:10 am »
It would have to. Because when you play deadeye navigator then he's just a regular creature. The trick is to NOT soulbound him as soon as you play him. Wait until you pay the unearth cost on one of your graveyard creatures, THEN soulbound them. Once this is done and you swing with your creature you pay BOTH of their mana effects that say exile this creature. That way the creature with unearth re-enters as a brand new creature and your deadeye navigator is reset and ready to be soulbound to another creature once it unearths and enters the field. See how the combo work's now? Same principal with ghostly flicker; exile the creature that was just unearthered and the deadeye (if you need to) and just reset the creatures. This is why conjurer's closet would be important because at the end of the turn it will automatically reset your deadeye navigator for you so that when a creature at a later date enters the field it can be soulbound again. That's how you'd get the best use out of that creature in this deck. I hope it helps.

bigdogdch

• Decks
« Risposta #9 il: Novembre 19, 2015, 11:29:12 pm »
Alot of the "Wish" cards which state take a card you have from outside the game (Exlie)

Mostlynotgay

• It's really not THAT impressive
    • Mostlynotgay Videos
  • Decks
« Risposta #10 il: Novembre 20, 2015, 05:45:57 am »
You can also counter the trigger, similar to Whip of Erebos. (I've got a fun deck that uses whip and a reusable counter to bring out scary big creatures). However if you do counter the trigger , the card will be exiled the next time it would leave the battlefield. (Dies) it's a little more convoluted than the flicker/deadeye method, but it works in a pinch.
Youtube Videos: Mostlynotgay

"You're such a f*ggot for playing that in multiplayer" - Opponent when I played Confusion in the Ranks

Modern >

G. Moto

• Decks
« Risposta #11 il: Novembre 20, 2015, 06:00:10 am »
The whip of erebos does seem a bit stricter but it just depends on what you want the deck focus to be. After all since all of your creatures will have unearth in this deck, even if the deadeye navigator dies it can still be brought back (if you unearth it and another creature at the same time) and still flicker them to have the effect kick off. Basically as long as you have your commander in play you'll have an undying army.that really lives up to its namesake.

Mostlynotgay

• It's really not THAT impressive
    • Mostlynotgay Videos
  • Decks
« Risposta #12 il: Novembre 20, 2015, 08:46:52 am »
No I wasn't suggesting it for the deck. But you can handle the unearth trigger similar to it. In a pinch
Youtube Videos: Mostlynotgay

"You're such a f*ggot for playing that in multiplayer" - Opponent when I played Confusion in the Ranks

Modern >

G. Moto

• Decks
« Risposta #13 il: Novembre 20, 2015, 05:57:25 pm »
Ahh, ok i understand what you mean. Also the whip of erebos would be good in a variety of black/ any other color type of deck. If you repeatedly summon the grey merchant of asphodel with a large group of black devotion permanents then you'd have a large health swing. Personally I don't have the whip but with the grey merchant I like to play him, sacrifice him using bone splinter or something, then cast escape from the underworld to bring him and another creature back. I like playing the returned creatures so adding returned centaur and returned reveler makes a zombie deck very dangerous. You wouldn't even have to play and instant or sorcery spells, just creatures to mill out the deck and steal health. Those would be some excellent additions to this deck as well since you're playing commander and every card is a single. Mill isn't always encouraged when larger decks are involved but your opponent only has 1 copy of every card in his deck. Returned centaur enters the battlefield and he mils 4 cards, geralf's mindcrusher mils 5 and rotcrown ghoul also mills another 5 when it dies. Try putting those in an unearth deck and watch the fun begin.