deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tema: Heroic Soldiers - Auras and instants - Comments  (Leído 1526 veces)

Comment Bot

• Visitante
Heroic Soldiers - Auras and instants - Comments
« en: Noviembre 20, 2015, 06:41:50 pm »
This is the comment topic for Heroic Soldiers - Auras and instants .

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für Heroic Soldiers - Auras and instants .

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

Bartley

• Greetings!
  • Decks
Re: Heroic Soldiers - Auras and instants - Comments
« Respuesta #1 en: Noviembre 20, 2015, 06:41:50 pm »

Tomzgen

• It's the Z that makes the difference
  • Decks
« Respuesta #2 en: Noviembre 20, 2015, 10:53:43 pm »
Those two sound like a good idea. Will make changes soon to see the impact on the card distribution and perhaps the cost of the deck. Want to keep that as low as possible

Bartley

• Greetings!
  • Decks
« Respuesta #3 en: Noviembre 20, 2015, 11:20:37 pm »
in that case you will prob wanna pass on Serra's Sanctum.  its like 30 bucks lol

Tomzgen

• Decks
« Respuesta #4 en: Noviembre 20, 2015, 11:22:24 pm »
Serra's would be out of the question anyway, noticed it isnt a modern card

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Respuesta #5 en: Noviembre 21, 2015, 06:32:19 am »
have you considered playing any of the white enchantment eidolon spirits? They all have really good effects and cards like aegis of the gods has a great effect as well.

Tomzgen

• Decks
« Respuesta #6 en: Noviembre 21, 2015, 09:12:00 am »
Tbh, I dont really know how to fit that card in. The whole point of the deck is to buff creatures with heroic, so aegis of the gods kinda doesnt fit the bill. It is a good card though

G. Moto

• Decks
« Respuesta #7 en: Noviembre 21, 2015, 09:41:34 am »
It keeps you safe while your warriors fight your battles. Though your creatures are doing the majority of the fighting for you do not forget that you're  the target (this isn't yugioh). But some good cards to add would be auramancer, archetype of courage, battlewise valor, eidolon of countless battles, fabled hero, font of vigor, ghostblade eidolon, glimpse the sun god, god-favored general, gods willing, griffin dreamfinder, setessian battle priest, silent sentinel, and sunbond are all good additions that would assist in your deck. They all have the mono-white look your deck is running, they play well with other enchantments and they add strength to your deck. But personally if your gonna run phalanx leader you should add some instant and sorcery spells just to add protection to the deck and help with the +1/+1 multiplication. What are your thoughts on these cards?

Tomzgen

• Decks
« Respuesta #8 en: Noviembre 21, 2015, 12:13:17 pm »
I indeed have added some cards to the deck, namely Archetype of Courage, Battlewise Valor, Fabled Hero, Gods Willing and Setessan Battle Priest, but I feel the other cards are missing the point of the deck tbh. It isnt about enchantments, but about triggering Heroic and multiplying counters with Gleam of Authority

However, those other cards are giving me an idea about making a complete enchantment deck.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Respuesta #9 en: Noviembre 21, 2015, 03:30:53 pm »
That is good thinking, and also some enchantment decks work best when using multiple colors so it'd be a good chance to try out some new or old card combos. Also for this deck you should try adding some of the white bolster cards from the Tarkir block. They are low drop instances and sorcery spells and they give your creatures +1/+1 counters. Try putting feat of resistance in this deck and you will see immediate improvement.

Tomzgen

• Decks
« Respuesta #10 en: Noviembre 21, 2015, 03:45:59 pm »
Feat of Resistance is actually really good for this deck. Thanks for the tip!

Edit: I have revised the deck, removing some enchantments to emphasize the counters more, including Feat of Resistance. I actually added some plains as well, as I felt that my opening hand had often too few lands in it.
« Última modificación: Noviembre 21, 2015, 04:02:14 pm por Tomzgen »

Tomzgen

• Decks
Re: Heroic Soldiers - Instants and counters - Comments
« Respuesta #11 en: Noviembre 21, 2015, 04:18:22 pm »
I actually overhauled quite a bit of the deck. It is now far more in line with my counter strategy, including test of faith and defiant strike (to keep my hand from going too empty)

Edit: tbh I am thinking about removing both setessan battle priest for 2 more gods willing so I can increase the survivability of my creatures slightly. I would love some input on that on the revision of the deck so far
« Última modificación: Noviembre 21, 2015, 04:22:15 pm por Tomzgen »

G. Moto

• Decks
« Respuesta #12 en: Noviembre 21, 2015, 06:54:08 pm »
I'll be going to work in a few hours but when I get back home I'll take a look at the deck you revised. I live on the east coast and I usually get home around 11:30pm eastern time if that means anything to you (time zone wise).

Tomzgen

• Decks
« Respuesta #13 en: Noviembre 21, 2015, 07:02:02 pm »
It's all good, all in your own time!

G. Moto

• Decks
« Respuesta #14 en: Noviembre 22, 2015, 06:11:18 am »
I saw the deck and I am impressed by the improvements that you have made. Good job. If you can find more instances and/or artifacts that give your creatures first strike (besides the creature that you just added) then it'll help your creatures survive longer on the field until it arrives. Also consider the possibility of combating flyers. I don't believe that white has cards that make you "fight" with creatures but you can add cards in the side board such as Gideon's reproach and devouring light to handle flyers and/or heavy threats.