deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Aggiorna Sessione button and then try again.

Autore Topic: Mega Lifegain Deck -- Any Suggestions??  (Letto 669 volte)

cnjneerlang

• Decks
Mega Lifegain Deck -- Any Suggestions??
« il: Gennaio 08, 2016, 11:23:47 pm »
Mega Lifegain Deck

gain tons of life while sustaining and either win with felidar soverign or take opponents out with flying

Heavyjaw

• Decks
Re: Mega Lifegain Deck -- Any Suggestions??
« Risposta #1 il: Gennaio 09, 2016, 12:06:39 am »
For a mono white lifegain deck, consider looking into the soul sisters archetype for some ideas. At it's core it relies on dropping multiples of soul warden and soul's attendant, followed by large amounts of creatures to build up high amounts of life and beat opponents to death with serra ascendant, a potential 6/6 flyer with lifelink for 1 mana if you have 30+ life. An optimal combo would be T1; martyr of sands. T2; activate martyr, reveal at least 4 white cards and have greater than 30 life and drop the 6/6 serra ascendant.

Other good cards to consider would be peach garden oath, more divinity of pride means more consistent aerial threats, nip gwyllion can be stacked with edge of the divinity for a +3/+3 buff for 1 mana, potentially landing a 7/7 lifelinker on turn 2 etc. Also Cranial archive is strictly worse than elixir of immortality, since the elixir costs 1 to cast, provides 5 life when used and goes into your deck with the rest of your graveyard.

If you want to go all the way with absurd lifegain, maybe add a couple of white and green dual lands for ajani, mentor of heroes. Not necessarily effective but the +100 life may as well be a win condition because few people want to chip that away. A green splash can also net you access to heroes reunion which at 7 life for 2CMC is about as efficient as you can get, as well as essence warden if you try out the soul sisters style of drop loads of creatures for extra life. You could also try some to add fangren marauder artifact synergy with cards like sunbeam spellbomb, scroll of avacyn and bottle gnomes if you were to try out a green/white lifegain build.
« Ultima modifica: Gennaio 09, 2016, 12:35:12 am da Heavyjaw »

Mostlynotgay

• It's really not THAT impressive
    • Mostlynotgay Videos
  • Decks
Re: Mega Lifegain Deck -- Any Suggestions??
« Risposta #2 il: Gennaio 09, 2016, 12:34:21 am »
Something I've learned playing a similar deck is that you will rarely actually win with Felidar Sovereign.  He becomes the instant removal target, which is why I like him so much.  I treat him as a way to force your opponent to burn a removal on him, which leaves your Rhox Faithmender or whatever you have Celestial Mantle on alive long enough to do some damage. 

Pro-Tip: get REALLY GOOD at triggers, because the interaction between Celestial Mantle and Rhox Faithmender is incredible.  Always remember that when Mantle makes you "double your life," you are actually GAINING life equal to your life total.  I was playing a game where I went from 319 life to 2,871 in one swing.  Rhox faithmender with mantle and Soul Link (card I recommend) and Serra Ascendant (another card I recommend) also enchanted with Mantle. 
Youtube Videos: Mostlynotgay

"You're such a f*ggot for playing that in multiplayer" - Opponent when I played Confusion in the Ranks

Modern >