deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Aggiorna Sessione button and then try again.

Autore Topic: Favorite Moment Playing Magic?  (Letto 10214 volte)

ep1cn00b

• Strive 2 be strange Refuse 2 be normal!
  • Decks
Re: Favorite Moment Playing Magic?
« Risposta #15 il: Marzo 30, 2016, 05:01:01 pm »
That sounds like an awesome match. I love those down to the wire magic. It's just as good as any roller coaster, and you don't have to worry about getting throw up on you from the guy behind you lol

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Risposta #16 il: Marzo 30, 2016, 05:14:34 pm »
   unless the guy behind you had too much to drink that day, (but that's a post for a different forum)....

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Risposta #17 il: Marzo 30, 2016, 09:05:31 pm »
Well I really don't have a favorite but I will tell this one.
I went FNM and was feeling good cause previous FNM draft I went 3-0 for the very 1st time. Granted
one of the wins was because I got a "bye". Not totally sure but this was around Fate Reforged or
Dragons. Anyway this new player in the shop I am talking to asks if I have any decks. I say sure and
show him my standard. Now he suddenly becomes smug, arrogant and cocky. Down grading the deck
and how he is going to a PTQ in Conn. Like he's the cat's meow.

So I blow him off after and do another draft. This time no byes and I am 2-0 going into the final match.
Yep you guessed it, final match was against the smug, arrogant and cocky.
I was like of all people to face and it has to be him. I destroyed him, yes I am being cocky.
I was running a recursion/deathtouch deck. Won the first match and 2nd match was the
destruction. He was winning though, I had 5 life and he had 8 life. We both had 3 creatures on
the field except I had the only flyer and it's a 1/1. It's my turn and hold in my hand a sorcery and
I forget the name of the card but it reads put the top 3 cards into your graveyard and target
creature gets +1+1 for every creature in the graveyard. I get "impatient" my main weakness for
magic and look in my graveyard to see how many creatures are there before I do my draw step.
Total of 6, only going to give my flyer 7 damage so I need to hopefully get 1 more creature
there or I am toast. I draw and bingo! if that card doesn't do the trick, this will. Needless to
say I discarded another creature and hit him for 8. Card I drew was a creature and read
sacrifice a creature and opponent loses 2 life. After the match I thought take your smug, arrogant
cocky ass back to your PTQ in conn cause I just beat you. That made me 3-0 2 weeks in a row
and I haven't been 3-0 2 weeks in a row since.
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

G. Moto

• Decks
« Risposta #18 il: Marzo 31, 2016, 06:53:37 am »
   @robort, what you should of said after you beat him should have been; "WHO RUNS THIS HOUSE!?" and all your friends could be like; "WE DO!!" (kinda like a high school pep rally). Smug people deserve to get beat. There isn't anything worse that a person who thinks they're better than someone else. Heck I could probably win some more FNM tournaments if I had more free time to myself (but that's a discussion for a different time). Any way, nice work showing Mr. Smug McJerk how to really play magic, you did us all proud man.

Jace27

• Combo+Combo=More combos :)
  • Decks
« Risposta #19 il: Marzo 31, 2016, 01:55:08 pm »
Or just leave and say as you walk out loud enough to hear inside, "that was nothing, wait until I bring my pro tour deck".
For my opponents, a healthy diet of counterspells, artifacts, and crazy combos.

AliasGreg

• "WATCH OUT! WATCH OUT! WATCH OUT"
  • Decks
« Risposta #20 il: Marzo 31, 2016, 02:03:15 pm »
Recently, played with my Zurgo Helmsmasher deck, in EDH multiplayer.

2 players left, a Mizzix of the Izmagnus with an enormous board (my Zurgo, my Myr Battlesphere and tokens, my Aurelia, The Warleader, my Resolute Archangel, his Mizzix with at least five counters, and 3 cards in hand ...) and me with rocks, lands, my Academy Rector, Grave Betrayal and 1 card in hand).

Life totals: 40 for him (thanks Resolute Archangel) and 35 for me.

He can't attack with non-flyers because of my scary Academy Rector ( Humility::) )
So, I take the flyers, two times...

My turn, I expect counterspells, I have have been countered almost all game long... But I know I have to do something now or I'm dead.
So I play my Massacre Wurm first ... NOT COUNTERED. -10 life, Mizzix and tokens dead (Zurgo has 1 counter ...).
Is he waiting to counter my second spell? Ok, I'm now playing Chain Reaction. NOT COUNTERED  :D :D -8 life
Everything back on my side!!  :o Getting wound reflection with the dead Academy Rector.
Swinging with Aurelia and Zurgo for the win. -40 life.  8)

G. Moto

• Decks
« Risposta #21 il: Marzo 31, 2016, 04:39:16 pm »
   How did you anticipate the other player not countering your spells? Did you just hope for the best and made your move? Or was there some end game planning involved?

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Risposta #22 il: Marzo 31, 2016, 04:57:41 pm »
Thats cool greg, and no guys I didn't do any of that for a few reasons. First I try to keep my ego and pride in check because it can
run crazy. Second I don't care much for grandiosd, so I hardly flaunt ect.. Third is the shop, I like this place.
You don't find many places like this. Warm, Friendly, Fun, Families come there. Unlike the other shop in this city. The other one
is more of a clique, cliche, tight knit group kinda place. So the place I play at I try to incorporate the warm, friendly, fun and
welcomed. Even hoping for any and all players to keep returning. Like recent FNM a young teen just starting out, this other
vetren player and I helped him create his very 1st deck. I gave the kid 6 cards that were helpful including 2 cheap rares.
So hey if we continually keep getting more players. That means the shop is continually getting more popular.
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

matothias

• THUG LIFE
  • Decks
« Risposta #23 il: Marzo 31, 2016, 05:09:28 pm »
MY favorite magic moment was a casual standard match back in 2015 sometime. I was playing "mono white weenies bolster your creatures and give them lifelink and flying". I had just gone 0-3 in draft, and everyone watching thought I was dead. and of course, the match was a total stall(he was playing esper dragons and had countered my weenies) I was still at 20 life, him at 14. We were going with the topdeck, and I was drawing CRAP, but thankfully so was he(turns out he was drawing landf lol) he didnt have any creatures, and neither did I. I had two citadel siege's out on the board, and an Abzan Battle Priest and an Abzan Falconer in my hand with 7 land, so I played both of the Abzan(then enchanted the falconer with Gleam of Authority)  then passed the turn. AGAIN, he drew total garbage(island) and I was saved. next turn i drew, and got another citadel siege, played it, and swung with both of my creatures, swinging with 17 lifelink. It was a fun match for me, and I blew the other guys minds, after me hearing the usual "thats unplayable in standard" from a few of them, it was great to prove them wrong.

AliasGreg

• Decks
« Risposta #24 il: Marzo 31, 2016, 06:51:01 pm »
   How did you anticipate the other player not countering your spells? Did you just hope for the best and made your move? Or was there some end game planning involved?

The turn I played Zurgo, I really expected him to be countered and he did counter him, but with Spelljack. But the same turn, I had the opportunity to play Grave Betrayal, which I knew was really important. (first to steal the creature of the third player when he was still alive, and then to cast a wrath)
When I finally draw one (Chain Reaction), I hoped for the best, and I first played the Massacre Wurm (less importnt than the Chain Reaction), and then my Chain Reaction (praying again). He made a mistake with his second bribery, he should have take Disciple Of Bolas to sac Zurgo in order to draw some control spells...

ep1cn00b

• Decks
« Risposta #25 il: Marzo 31, 2016, 08:38:52 pm »
Or just leave and say as you walk out loud enough to hear inside, "that was nothing, wait until I bring my pro tour deck".

That would have been GREAT! EPIC even.

Jace27

• Combo+Combo=More combos :)
  • Decks
« Risposta #26 il: Marzo 31, 2016, 09:36:16 pm »
Thanks
For my opponents, a healthy diet of counterspells, artifacts, and crazy combos.

Metal MMA

• Decks
« Risposta #27 il: Aprile 01, 2016, 03:47:21 am »
I have a lot of good memories of playing MtG. But one of them is the game I became more proud of my own victory.

I was in a house of a friend playing with him and other guy same time, and I was playing with a GR Aggro against a RW Land Destroyer and a WU Affinity. Well, at fifth turn, after cycling a Valley Rannet, I put in battlefield a Terra Stomper (mana cost 3GGG, beast 8/8 with trample and can't be countered) and I had in my hand 4 Giant Growth and 2 Titan's Strength. I was 18 life, the RW Land Destroyer was 14 life and WU Affinity guy was 30 life without creatures in battlefield and I thinked a little and said "I may regret doing this, but..." and I payed 4 green manas and 2 red manas to made my Terra Stomper a 26-22 creature with trample. I attacked the WU Affinity guy with this fucking giant Terra Stomper and with two Feral Animist already in battlefield and he cannot do nothing but take the damage and get out of the game.

Then my battle with the RW Land Destroyer runned for more seven turns when I won the game with 9 life after put in battlefield a Kamahl, Pit Fighter (mana cost 4RR, human barbarian 6/1 with haste) and paying a red and green mana with a Skarrg, the Rage Pits and give +1/+1 and trample for my Kamahl, Pit Fighter that had been defended by a toughness 2 white creature that I don't remember now (was the only creature of him in battlefield), but the RW Land Destroyer guy was only 4 life and I won my first MtG match with more than one opponent.

ep1cn00b

• Decks
« Risposta #28 il: Aprile 01, 2016, 07:17:49 pm »
There was one more time when I was not actually playing but watching. A friend of mine was running an Ajani, Caller of the Pride deck against a Mono Green Bully Deck with crazy ramps. Anyway he was getting blasted he had like 5 life left and the other guy had 13 life. He pulls Jareth, Leonine Titan. Blocks EVERYTHING for like 6 turns or activates the ability and just cancels it out completely. He eventually was out of attacking creatures and by this time my buddy had about 14 creatures total Including tokens. He pulls out Mirri, Cat Warrior and then plays Jazal Goldmane. Swing for 14 with no blockers. Game Over.
« Ultima modifica: Aprile 02, 2016, 05:36:39 pm da ep1cn00b »

AliasGreg

• Decks
« Risposta #29 il: Aprile 04, 2016, 12:08:21 pm »
New favourite moment:  ;D

Saturday, SoI Prerelease, first game of the afternoon, I built a R/B deck with a lot of spoilers.
It was against a G/W deck.
He started and played a creature every turn while I played Olivia's Bloodsworn on turn 2.
I had no creature to play turn 3, so I decided to risk everything and gave my vampire Double Strike and +1/+1 until end of turn for 6 damages.
Of course, I attacked every turn but I lost more life than he did.  :( (I had a very powerful Sin Prodder to my advantage.)

Here come my last turn, I have a beautiful Mindwrack Demon and a Goldnight Castigator in my hand.
He had 2 blockers, because of the menace on the Sin Prodder and still 10 life.
At my upkeep, he made me put Skin Invasion in my GY for 1 life, 9 life remaining. ;D
To win, I have to remove one of his creature, in order to attack for 3 with the devil, 2 with the vampire and 4 with the angel haste.
But I only had 5 lands in play, so I have to draw a removal for 1, impossible. OR IS IT?  ::)

Drawing: Lightning Axe  :o, discarding the Mindwrack Demon, and attacking FOR THE WIN!  8)

No more cards in hands, all creatures and lands tapped but still less than 5 life.  ;D
« Ultima modifica: Aprile 04, 2016, 01:18:10 pm da AliasGreg »