deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] Vampire Enchantment Deck (Please Help got a tournament on Friday)  (Read 1439 times)

Alice In 8bit

• Decks
Vampire Enchantment Deck (Please Help)

Black, White and abit of Blue hopefully works well any advice or hints would be good got a tournament on Friday :)

commander_killjoy

• Decks
Re: Vampire Enchantment Deck (Please Help) - Comments
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 03:06:31 pm »
Try Open the Armory to tutor for an enchantment you do need.

ushiikun

• Decks
Open the armory might work, but that will only pull two of your enchantments because it only pulls auras. Perhaps a Oath of Jace, since it helps with scying to find your enchantments and boosts the number of enchantments in the deck.

Alice In 8bit

• Decks
Maybe a good idea would be to get rid of the Blue and replace it with Red with cards like Senseless Rage,Stensia Masquerade,Nahiri's Machinations and Nahiri Planeswalker that would give me much more access to Auras and Enchantments

ushiikun

• Decks
Maybe a good idea would be to get rid of the Blue and replace it with Red with cards like Senseless Rage,Stensia Masquerade,Nahiri's Machinations and Nahiri Planeswalker that would give me much more access to Auras and Enchantments

That's an even better idea. Could even use Chandra, she wreaths, creates attackers that benefit from Masquerade, and can swap your hand if you don't have what you need.

Alice In 8bit

• Decks
White Black and Red Enchantment

After taking advice from people in the forums i've swapped up this deck abit thanks for the help but any more advice is welcome

I added some cards you guys said :)

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
Re: Vampire Enchantment Deck (Please Help) - Comments
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2016, 12:50:44 am »
Let's have a look at your land base first. I take it that you are making a standard deck for FNM? If so, you should have 24 lands minimum. You have an average mana curve of about (3) so that means you'll need 24 lands, minimum. If you were making a mono-red deck, you could get away with using 20-24 lands because mana costs are generally low, requiring the deck to be fast. I have noticed that you have a lot of tapped lands, personally, I have found that having tapped lands makes your playing slower. You could use lands like Prairie Stream if you have 2 basic lands in play, it won't enter tapped. You could also use pain lands such as Caves of Kolios which enters without tapping, they produce colourless mana, but if you pay one life you can add either black or white mana.

Your deck does not seem to have a very coherent structure. Apart from wanting a vampire enchantment deck, which is brave btw, you are utilising very random singular cards that do not have a great synergy. You should simplify your deck by removing cards that do not work well. I will give you an example. Kalastria Healer and Drana's Emissary work well because they trigger the 'ally' mechanic "When an ally enters, your opponent loses 1 life and you gain 1 life." having 4, instead of 1, means you are more likely to draw that card.

You also need to have a balance between the number of spells and  creatures. having more spells/creatures depends on the deck you are using. 18 creatures/18 spells = balanced. You can change this to include more spells, especially since you are using enchantments. You will need cards that prevent your cards from being 'removed' by spells like Flaying Tendrils or Languish or Eldrazi Displacer, which will cause your auras to dropped off as the card is exiled. Including cards like Negate works well against those spells, because they are cheap, and work against Planeswalkers.

Try cutting down on the amount of colours you are splashing, to keep it simple, or you might find you are not pulling the correct mana combinations to win. I hope this helps you. If you would like more advice, please let me know.

Alice In 8bit

• Decks
The deck is for a FNM Standard Three Colour Tournament and i have to work with the cards i got that's why alot of cards i'd want in it aren't in it

Yeah just noticed i got 26 land in it thats a mistake how many swamps mountains and planes would you say too put in the only dual lands that i got that work are already in the deck
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 01:03:05 am by Alice In 8bit »

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
The deck is for a FNM Standard Three Colour Tournament and i have to work with the cards i got that's why alot of cards i'd want in it aren't in it

Yeah just noticed i got 26 land in it thats a mistake how many swamps mountains and planes would you say too put in the only dual lands that i got that work are already in the deck

Okay, that is understandable then. Hmm, so you have 6 cards in your 60 card deck that require blue sources? that 10% of your deck and the rest are black white sources? I would take out the evolving wilds, and keep your other tapped lands. In the event that you don't need blue, you can just use Meandering River for white.

Alice In 8bit

• Decks
i think you are looking at the wrong deck
White Black and Red Enchantment
I've updated it no more blue
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 01:23:42 am by Alice In 8bit »

Alice In 8bit

• Decks
Thanks everyone for their help i'm off to the tournament now after i'll message how i did