deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Aggiorna Sessione button and then try again.

Autore Topic: [Modern] Gruul Budget Zoo  (Letto 246 volte)

retic

• Decks
[Modern] Gruul Budget Zoo
« il: Agosto 12, 2016, 04:28:06 am »
Gruul Budget Zoo

Here's my kitchen table modern gruul using cards i currently own.

Still undecided between the mainboard and the ones in the maybeboard.

Thoughts? :)

Thanks in adv!

Philippe Saner

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Gruul Budget Zoo
« Risposta #1 il: Agosto 12, 2016, 07:18:24 am »
I'm not sold on Falkenrath Gorger and Tattermunge Maniac. I think you'd be better off with Wild Nacatl, Experiment One, or Kessig Prowler.

Some three-drops would probably be a good idea, too. Maybe Fanatic of Mogis or Burning-Tree Shaman would work for you.

City of Brass is just worse than Karplusan Forest here. And even if you can't afford that swap, I think you'd be better off with a dual rather than a five-coloured land.

Darilack

• Decks
« Risposta #2 il: Agosto 12, 2016, 01:51:59 pm »
It looks like a promising and strong deck. I'll give you some card ideas:

Madcap Skills + Alpha Authority makes a Hexproof and Unblockeable combo that will win you a lot of games

Domri Rade gives you card advantage, clean the board and can turn even the weakest creatures you control into total slaughters.

Flesh // Blood (the Blood half) deals a lot of damage to your enemy.

Xenagos, the Reveler gives you mana, satyrs and the -6 is just great.

Fanatic of Xenagos you can have a 4/4 with trample on the battlefield for just 3 mana, or a 4/4 with haste until the end of turn (the +1+1 goes away too). People think that tribute is bad because your enemy can choose what is better for him, but the secret is: I'm okay with either choice.

Sakura-Tribe Elder works great, you can use him to block a creature in your opponents turn and then sacrifice him for a land.

Outland Colossus is my absolute favorite. In a perfect scenario, you would summon him, and the next turn you would have 6 mana. Then, you would add Madcap Skills + Alpha Authority and do 9 damage. After this, it will become a 15/12 that has Hexproof and CAN'T be blocked. And the best part is, you can finish off your opponent with Flesh // Blood and give a TON of damage! Xenagos, The Reveler and Sakura-Tribe Elder are here to help with the mana.

These are the strategies that i use on my deck, it maybe  will work for you and maybe won't, but yeah, i hope i helped you :)

If you want to see my deck: https://deckstats.net/decks/64354/481526-fatboy/

KouriNick

• So Say We All
  • Decks
« Risposta #3 il: Agosto 12, 2016, 05:48:20 pm »
I agree with Philippe Saner about  Wild Necatl and Experiment One. Even if Necatl is only ever a 2/2, its still 1 more toughness than Gorger for the same mana. The only card not in the Maybeboard that would be worth bringing in (that's budget friendly) is Reckless Bushwhacker. Casting him for Surge off the extra mana from Burning-Tree Emissary means you're swinging for a minimum of 5 that turn. I had a guy triple Emissary into bushwhacker a few weeks ago on turn 2 and hit me for 15 (he also had a 3/3 Necatl from T1). Very powerful card and something to think about.

But as for the cards at hand, I think Philippe hit the nail on the head.
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.