deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Session aktualisieren button and then try again.

Autor Thema: MTG - Birthday present idea?  (Gelesen 866 mal)

Epic_Gamer36

• Don't call something bad unless you can do better.
  • Decks
MTG - Birthday present idea?
« am: Januar 25, 2017, 01:10:23 Nachmittag »
One of my closest friends is having a birthday soon, and I decided I would get him something cool and magic related, as we both play Magic. Do you guys have any ideas? He's also a fairly new player (no sleeves, no playmat, not a lot of cards) What would you guys get/ what have you gotten in the past that might be good for this occasion?
One bone broken for every twig snapped underfoot.
- Llanowar penalty for trespassing

Lyonsbane

• Decks
Re: MTG - Birthday present idea?
« Antwort #1 am: Januar 25, 2017, 01:50:17 Nachmittag »
Formats played and budget?

KouriNick

• So Say We All
  • Decks
« Antwort #2 am: Januar 25, 2017, 06:54:21 Nachmittag »
Very cool idea and im sure they'll like whatever you end up picking. Like Lyonsbane said, it will depend a bit on what format they like to play and what your budget is.

For a casual kitchen table player, getting him one big Haymaker card could would be really sweet. If he's in blue, a 1 of Jace, the Mind Sculptor would be a pretty great present.

If they play Standard, you could do the same with like a 1 of Chandra, Torch of Defiance, or Sorin, Grim Nemesis

Another fun idea would be to get six packs (around $20 at most game shops) for them and 6 for yourself so the two of you could build sealed decks (make a 40 card deck, including lands, out of the cards from the 6 packs).

Lastly, if you have a larger group of friends who all play magic, you could all chip in and get them a booster box, then you all could run up to an 8 man draft with it.

Just some ideas, have fun!
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Matiello94

• Calm down I'm just a novice.
  • Decks
« Antwort #3 am: Januar 25, 2017, 11:17:35 Nachmittag »
One of my closest friends is having a birthday soon, and I decided I would get him something cool and magic related, as we both play Magic. Do you guys have any ideas? He's also a fairly new player (no sleeves, no playmat, not a lot of cards) What would you guys get/ what have you gotten in the past that might be good for this occasion?

Hello sir, how are you?

First: What a good friend you are!

How about Kaladesh/Aether Revolt Bundle?
(imo I would cry If I won a bundle, haha :D Have with you 2-3 shields for some Planeswalker or Mythic card)

Anyways, cool attitude! Happiness to you all.
Cheers, from Brazil.

Sorry for my bad english. Could we be friends?

ladof

• Decks
« Antwort #4 am: Januar 25, 2017, 11:57:40 Nachmittag »
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/561472278516630318/

I saw something like this at my last FNM and I kinda want one. It's a deck box with life counter wheels on the top. These look a little more extravagant than the one I saw, but it's still neat.
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

papounation

• Decks
« Antwort #5 am: Januar 26, 2017, 07:27:58 Vormittag »
As you mentioned that your friendis fairly new to the game I suggest to buy him a deckbuilder toolkit.
I now that people who already played for a while dont really need it but it could end up useful for a fairly new player.

Epic_Gamer36

• Don't call something bad unless you can do better.
  • Decks
« Antwort #6 am: Januar 27, 2017, 01:34:04 Vormittag »

He plays the typical beginner stuff, just casual with no real expensive cards
Budget around $20-40 bucks.
One bone broken for every twig snapped underfoot.
- Llanowar penalty for trespassing

Lyonsbane

• Decks
« Antwort #7 am: Januar 27, 2017, 10:00:53 Vormittag »

He plays the typical beginner stuff, just casual with no real expensive cards
Budget around $20-40 bucks.

You can go for some fat boxes, they sell for about 30-40 euros so the price should still be around your budget after EUR-USD conversion.
This is the most "conventional" present I can think off that offers a little thrill and fun by cracking the boosters.
If you go this way, go for either Aether Revolt, Kaladesh, Battle for Zendikar or Oath of the Gatewatch because of Inventions and Expedition series cards (my personal preference is Aether Revolt > Battle for Zendikar > Kaladesh > Oath of the Gatewatch, based on the average EV of the boosters).

If you're looking for a more personal/intimate gift, I suggest looking for some altered single cards, maybe a multiformat staple like Lightining Bolt, so that your gift won't go in the chimney as fuel for the fire the day your friend goes deeper into MtG.
Here: https://it.magiccardmarket.eu/?mainPage=browseAltered you can find a nice collection of altered cards for sale, or you could contact an artist yourself and order a commission (you have to ask around for contacts, tho).
Care about the shipping time, (MKM usually takes 3 days+ for a money bank transfer + some days for the shipping, so the gift may come too late).