deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Aggiorna Sessione button and then try again.

Autore Topic: [EDH / Commander] Meren Reanimator 2.0, 15 cuts?  (Letto 638 volte)

retrogreq

• Decks
[EDH / Commander] Meren Reanimator 2.0, 15 cuts?
« il: Gennaio 27, 2017, 01:42:15 am »
Meren Reanimator 2.0

Kinda at a loss...ill come back and look at it again tomorrow, but I just cant see what to cut...

crimsonking

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Meren Reanimator 2.0, 15 cuts?
« Risposta #1 il: Gennaio 27, 2017, 06:04:04 pm »
Cards I would cut:
Bonehoard
Whip of Erebos
Altar's Reap
Grisly Salvage
Wretched Confluence
Champion of Stray Souls
Golgari Thug
Hermit Druid
Phyrexian Gargantua
If you don't agree, we can discuss the reasons.
Besides, to my opinion there other cards that are missing.
« Ultima modifica: Gennaio 30, 2017, 11:15:38 am da crimsonking »

retrogreq

• Decks
Re: Meren reanimator 2.1 - Comments
« Risposta #2 il: Gennaio 28, 2017, 03:41:25 pm »
Made some cuts and some adds, thoughts?

Maybe, if you have time, instead of just listing cards, tell me why you would cut them?

Firegriff

• Decks
« Risposta #3 il: Gennaio 28, 2017, 04:51:03 pm »
I would cut Mind Slash for Dictate of Erebos.  With Butcher Of Malakir, Grave Pact and Dictate of Erebos on the field, they lose 3 creatures each time you lose 1. Also, cut Phyrexian Devourer for It That Betrays. It makes it all the more painful by giving you more fuel every time they lose critters.

retrogreq

• Decks
« Risposta #4 il: Gennaio 28, 2017, 07:14:21 pm »
Phyrexian Devourer is a combo with Triskelion and Ooze, if i cut one, i cut all 3...

Firegriff

• Decks
« Risposta #5 il: Gennaio 28, 2017, 08:33:55 pm »
I am guessing by having devourer and triskelion both in the graveyard while necrotic ooze is on the field.  Two alternates would be Black Market and Liliana, Defiant Necromancer.  Other possibilities are Pawn of Ulamog and Ogre SlumlordSadistic glee also works well with Triskelion, as does Mikaeus the Unhallowed.

crimsonking

• Decks
Re: Meren reanimator 2.1 - Comments
« Risposta #6 il: Gennaio 30, 2017, 11:15:09 am »
Made some cuts and some adds, thoughts?

Maybe, if you have time, instead of just listing cards, tell me why you would cut them?

I'm sorry. I was in a hurry and thought I could explain later.
Here are my comments on the cuts.
Bonehoard: because Lord of Extinction is better, Mortivore would be an option too, but in my opinion it ain't that impactful to justify the slot.
Whip of Erebos: it's ability is similar to your general's, so it's not needed, besides it prevents from sac-recur tricks.
Altar's Reap: I don't like one-shot effects in EDH, they have to be really huge to be worth it.
Grisly Salvage: Satyr Wayfinder is far better because you can recur it.
Wretched Confluence: not that impactful to me.
Champion of Stray Souls: too mana intensive and similar to Meren, another sac outlet like Altar of Dementia will be far better.
Golgari Thug: I don't think this deck is meant to dump your library into your graveyard, so you don't need that many dredge cards, if you're looking for another way to fill the grave I recommend you Deadbridge Chant.
Hermit Druid: you have a lot of basic lands, so you're not comboing out with this, but people will hate you all the same as soon as they see this card.
Phyrexian Gargantua: plain weak.