deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Aggiorna Sessione button and then try again.

Autore Topic: [Standard] Cruel Torment (UB)  (Letto 139 volte)

Brycegladwin

• Decks
[Standard] Cruel Torment (UB)
« il: Luglio 26, 2017, 01:46:15 am »
Cruel Torment  (UB)

Use bounce, discard, and removal spells to make it to the late game.  play your enchantment curses to choke out the opponent, using "Torment of Hailfire" as your big finisher.  For vehicles and artifact decks, sideboard in "Disposes".   For faster decks, side board in "Wall of Forgotten Pharaohs".  For control, side board in "Jace's defeat".  And finally, for pesky zombie decks, side in "Liliana's Defeat"

Brycegladwin

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Cruel Torment (UB)
« Risposta #1 il: Luglio 26, 2017, 01:54:22 am »
The one part of the deck im really not confident about (having played many matches now) are my cartouches.  Putting one on a wall is super lame.  Sure you get it out of all but the biggest kill spell range, but it still only gains you 1 life on block.  I used to have Wall of pharaohs in the main board but they proved too easy to remove, even with their ping bonus.   Perhaps cartouche of knowledge would be better?
Any clear path I should take here?

Brycegladwin

• Decks
« Risposta #2 il: Luglio 27, 2017, 06:35:07 pm »
Edit+
removed "liliana's Defeat", "Cartouche of Ambition" reduced other card values.
Added "Never//Return" for plains walkers and spot removal, increased some card values. 
I was finding that targeted removal was rather weak so I have added never to make sure I can eliminate significant threats (lords, plainswalkers).  I removed cartouche of ambition and removed 1 ruin rat because I decided that I already have enough removal,   I wanted the discard effect from the camel more than the deathtouch of the Rat.  I also removed a Doomfall, because that card is only good in the early game and late game its uses are limited against a full board or an empty handed opponent.   I added cartouche of Knowledge to make sure I have more card draw, I found that even with my cycling walls, I often was not finding my key pieces when I needed them.   

Brycegladwin

• Decks
« Risposta #3 il: Luglio 28, 2017, 09:30:04 pm »
Removed Ruin rat and Trial of ambition, because they just were not having the effect I wanted on the overall game plan.  In their place, I have added 2 more camels and 2 Bontu's Reckoning.  The targeted removal was just not getting me there against the bigger decks, so I added more board wipes to both the main board and side board.  Also removed the Wall of Forgotten pharaoh's as I never found a time when I wanted to use it over other cards in my side board.  Instead I added more board wipes.    The Deck is definitely getting there.  The only decks I really struggle with now are Drave haven and zombie decks, because they love sacking creature and they love discarding cards. 

Revision 4

Added/removed cards:
-2 Ruin Rat
-2 Trial of Ambition
+2 Bontu's Last Reckoning
+2 Grasp of Darkness
-3 (SB) Wall of Forgotten Pharaohs

Changed amounts:
-2 (Main) +2 (SB) Rags // Riches
+2 Wretched Camel