deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Aggiorna Sessione button and then try again.

Autore Topic: (List) The Best Tutors for EDH - Comments  (Letto 1930 volte)

Comment Bot

• Visitatore
(List) The Best Tutors for EDH - Comments
« il: Settembre 08, 2017, 11:52:21 pm »
(List) The Best Tutors for EDH

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

Loggiu

• Decks
Re: (List) The Best Tutors for EDH - Comments
« Risposta #1 il: Settembre 08, 2017, 11:52:26 pm »

Loggiu

• Decks
« Risposta #2 il: Settembre 08, 2017, 11:55:54 pm »

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Risposta #3 il: Settembre 09, 2017, 06:05:15 am »
I can't believe I forgot Stoneforge Mystic and Crop Rotation! Thank you for that. I'm not going to put Knight of the Reliquary on the list, because it costs three mana, and it takes a turn to use it. For one mana, you can just use Crop Rotation (or Sylvan Scrying for two), so it's not one of the best tutors. This is the same reason why Diabolic Tutor isn't on the list. A four mana sorcery is a little much.

saintofsin518

• Decks
« Risposta #4 il: Settembre 09, 2017, 06:38:36 am »
Diabolic Revelation, especially for edh I feel.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Risposta #5 il: Settembre 09, 2017, 06:53:37 am »
Black Decks that are capable of generating that much mana generally just use Vampiric Tutor, Demonic Tutor, or Sidisi, Undead Vizier. If a tutor is going to cost that much mana, it has to do something special that will potentially win the game (Tooth and Nail is a good example).

BO

• Decks
« Risposta #6 il: Settembre 17, 2017, 04:47:45 pm »
great list, how long did it take?

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Risposta #7 il: Settembre 17, 2017, 07:12:44 pm »
Not too long. I play both casual and competitive commander, so my first draft was just an hour of me thinking about the good tutors I've seen. I've done several edits along the way, as I remember more. But I'm pretty sure I got all the good ones now.

Feyamius

• Decks
« Risposta #8 il: Settembre 25, 2017, 01:05:13 am »
« Ultima modifica: Settembre 25, 2017, 01:12:49 am da Feyamius »

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Risposta #9 il: Settembre 25, 2017, 03:13:22 am »
Reap and Sow, Taj-Nar Swordsmith, and Plea for Guidance cost way too much mana to be one of the best tutors. Wargate is also very costly to be of any use. The same decks that would use Wargate (Atraxa, Praetor's Voice, Darevi, Empyrial Tactician, and Roon of the Hidden Realm) instead use Worldly Tutor, Enlightened Tutor, and Fabricate. Treasure Mage is worthwhile (I'll add it to the list), but should only be used in decks where a 6 mana artifact is your win-condition (Blightsteel Colossus, Platinum Angel, Mindslaver).

Tamiyo's Journal and Jarad's Orders only work in very specific decks, and are expensive even then. You have to include a lot of cards that use clue tokens (most of which aren't any good) for Tamiyo's Journal, and most deckbuilders will still choose Buried Alive over Jarad's Orders.

Remember: If a tutor is going to cost more than 3 mana, it has to do something really special.

stolenova

• Decks
« Risposta #10 il: Novembre 16, 2017, 10:48:02 pm »
Surprised Intuition, Artificer's Intuition, Sterling Grove, Heliod's Pilgrim, Altar of Bone, Sunforger (reusable), Mystical Teachings (searches for 2 types of cards plus has Flashback), Time of Need, Praetor's Grasp or weathered wayfarer aren't on the list

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Risposta #11 il: Novembre 17, 2017, 12:29:14 am »
I'm kicking myself for not remembering Sunforger. Altar of Bone, Sterling Grove, and Weathered Wayfarer will also be added to the list. These cards are popular among competitive combo decks. I'm also going to add Time of Need and Intuition, but you do need to have the right deck for them.

Artificer's Intuition is not going on the list, because it only works well with a few commanders (Breya, Etherium Shaper, Sharuum the Hegemon, Sydri, Galvanic Genius, and Arcum Dagsson, in case anyone was wondering).

Heliod's Pilgrim costs three mana, and only gets an aura. Not impressive. The only reason you would use Heliod's Pilgrim, is because you're already using Open the Armory, Enlightened Tutor, and Idyllic Tutor... and you really badly need auras. So this card is specific to Uril, the Miststalker, and Bruna, Light of Alabaster, and even these decks don't go straight for Heliod's Pilgrim. Mystical Teachings is just plain bad. Four mana too much for a tutor. And lastly, Praetor's Grasp does not let you chose your library. It's used as a form of disruption.

But damn... I forgot Sunforger...

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Risposta #12 il: Novembre 17, 2017, 01:11:11 am »
Got rid of all the cards that could only tutor for basic lands, because they are more similar to mana ramp than tutors. A basic forest will not win you the game. Gaea's Cradle will.
I also took this opportunity to add in the fetch lands.

Revision 12

Added/removed cards:
-1 Armillary Sphere
-1 Cultivate
-1 Explosive Vegetation
-1 Kodama's Reach
-1 Land Tax
-1 Sakura-Tribe Elder
-1 Solemn Simulacrum
-1 Sword of the Animist
+1 Arid Mesa
+1 Bloodstained Mire
+1 Flooded Strand
+1 Marsh Flats
+1 Misty Rainforest
+1 Polluted Delta
+1 Scalding Tarn
+1 Verdant Catacombs
+1 Windswept Heath
+1 Wooded Foothills

Changed amounts:

stolenova

• Decks
« Risposta #13 il: Novembre 27, 2017, 09:29:50 pm »
I have another for you:
Signal the Clans
Not sure how I missed this card but it's an excellent 2 mana tutor with no downside in EDH.

stolenova

• Decks
« Risposta #14 il: Novembre 27, 2017, 09:37:40 pm »
Mwonvuli Beast Tracker. Finding game breaking creatures with those abilities is zero problem, especially Eldrazi's.

Realms Uncharted. Being able to find 4 non-basic lands seems pretty powerful even if you only get to keep 2 of opp's choice.