deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Aggiorna Sessione button and then try again.

Autore Topic: Hidden Gems  (Letto 8027 volte)

The Golgari Guy

• Deck optimization never ends
  • Decks
Re: Hidden Gems
« Risposta #60 il: Marzo 06, 2022, 01:42:20 am »
Ah ur right MB. Hiatus hurt more than I thought.

No worries  :)
Golgari is life. And death.

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Risposta #61 il: Marzo 06, 2022, 01:53:49 am »
Wild Growth ...  Overgrowth

In this vein, to get some color fixing too, I like Utopia Sprawl.
Happy Brewing!
:)

The Golgari Guy

• Decks
« Risposta #62 il: Marzo 06, 2022, 01:56:45 am »
Wild Growth ...  Overgrowth

In this vein, to get some color fixing too, I like Utopia Sprawl.

That's also a great one and probably a bit underplayed (although the fact that it costed 8$ for a long time probably played a role in that!)

Soren841

• Decks
« Risposta #63 il: Marzo 06, 2022, 02:06:54 am »
Sprawl specifically enchants forests.. makes it harder to run than Wild Growth in multicolored decks unfortunately
Nils is the God I worship

Landale

• Decks
« Risposta #64 il: Marzo 06, 2022, 05:14:31 am »
Sprawl specifically enchants forests.. makes it harder to run than Wild Growth in multicolored decks unfortunately
They don't have to be basics, Cinder Glade for example is a valid target, and the slight increase in difficulty to use is easily offset by the fact that it'll provide any color you need after that.

anjinsan

• Decks
« Risposta #65 il: Marzo 06, 2022, 01:40:56 pm »
Wild Growth is definitely underplayed, too. It makes sense that it's in more decks than Overgrowth, perhaps, but not Cultivate! It's the same as a Llanowar Elves if played T1 (except as an enchantment, much less likely to get wiped), and better if played later (notwithstanding synergies; green decks are liable to have Beast Whisperer type effects or want to win with a Craterhoof, etc). But in pure ramp terms (certainly for maybe two-colour decks not looking to win through creature stomping) it beats dorks, and its certainly faster/better than three-mana ramp.

Overgrowth I prefer to Cultivate too, except maybe in decks of many colours. It ramps you more, and if played once you have 3 mana + land, it can be tapped immediately to give you back two of its casting cost. However Cultivate fixes your colours way better... but then so does Chromatic Lantern, and most people are shunning that now as not good enough any more. I think that Cultivate's stats are probably inflated however because it's well-known and has been reprinted a lot, so it's not really a fair comparison. It's not that great and outclassed by a lot of options now, but still shows up a lot.

Utopia Sprawl is good but the decks that want its fixing the most are less likely to have many forests. No problem running it as a kind of Wild Growth in two-colour, in fact it's probably even a bit better there (you can choose green after all), but I wouldn't really want to risk it in 4-5 colours unless maybe it's a very green-heavy deck that just wants to splash for the odd other thing.

Bizarro Soapy

• Squirrel Dealer
  • Decks
« Risposta #66 il: Marzo 08, 2022, 03:44:26 pm »
With how common +1/+1 counters are, I submit Spike Cannibal

Blightbeetle is another great commander card for the same reason, although it was as recent as M20 so I don't know how "hidden" it is
Don't feed the Hungering Hydra

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Risposta #67 il: Marzo 08, 2022, 04:06:07 pm »
With how common +1/+1 counters are, I submit Spike Cannibal

Thief of Blood will take ALL the counters from everything.  Not just +1/+1 counters.  Kills ALL the planeswalkers.  Takes ALL the ability counters.
Happy Brewing!
:)

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Risposta #68 il: Marzo 09, 2022, 08:09:24 am »
Thief of Blood will take ALL the counters from everything.  Not just +1/+1 counters.  Kills ALL the planeswalkers.  Takes ALL the ability counters.
Noooo my luck counter! (Gemstone Caverns)
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

fluffyp

• Decks
« Risposta #69 il: Marzo 22, 2022, 02:51:40 pm »
Solve the Equation - ok, it's not a 1 blue mana instant, but it puts the sorcery or instant you tutored for in your hand.  Almost nobody plays this but it's insanely good.

The Golgari Guy

• Decks
« Risposta #70 il: Marzo 22, 2022, 07:23:49 pm »
Solve the Equation - ok, it's not a 1 blue mana instant, but it puts the sorcery or instant you tutored for in your hand.  Almost nobody plays this but it's insanely good.

Good card, but... It's in 29 thousand decks according to EDH, which is 8% of the decks that can include it (https://edhrec.com/cards/solve-the-equation).

Not exactly a card nobody plays...

fluffyp

• Decks
« Risposta #71 il: Marzo 28, 2022, 08:28:19 pm »
Well, fair, but many of the other cards mentioned are also fairly frequently played.  Or at least I see them all the time with people I play with.  Yet I never see anyone with Solve the Equation.  So, personal experience talking here, that's all :)