deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tópico: Atraxa Deck Help  (Lida 448 vezes)

Carlton

• Decks
Atraxa Deck Help
« em: Outubro 28, 2018, 01:36:42 am »
Looking to make a Planeswalker based Atraxa deck for commander. I'm looking for a deck that will have some (2-3) infinity combos in it that can either right away win the game or generate a lot of creatures/tokens. Also, want it to contain some sort of pillow fort in it, as I play with friends who like to play token generation decks  :'(. Does anyone have some ideas of cards that I can put into this deck? I'm just starting to build the deck so any idea helps!

nickelphoenix

• Casual EDH player studying the ways of Witch-Maw.
  • Decks
Re: Atraxa Deck Help
« Responder #1 em: Outubro 28, 2018, 02:35:02 am »
It sounds like a very busy concept for Atraxa... There is nothing wrong with wanting to build a Super friends deck with a sub-theme, but tokens do not get proliferated. Nor can token engines synergize or assist Atraxa in the way that cards like Viral Drake or Thrummingbird can. I guess the big
Mystery here and what will make or break your idea is your choice of planeswalkers. You would have to select a cast that specifically helps synergize these two different concepts. If you do this, I would strongly suggest running Ajani Steadfast (...his -2) and any other walkers you can find with similar mecanisms.

In Esper I compiled a list of creatures that interlock and can go Infinite in both the Nim Deathmantle and Ashnod’s Altar AND Karmic Guide + Reveillark + any sac outlet combos...

Reef Worm
Angel of Invention
Experimental Aviator
Marsh Flitter
Mausoleum Guard
Visionary Augmenter
Weaponcraft Enthusiast
Whirler Rogue
Priest of Gix
Knight Captain of Eos

I also like to run a third engine along with those other two. Adarkar Valkyrie + Thornbite Staff, because if one of the other two engines go infinite through Ashnod’s Altar then the thornbite staff is a ping to kill win-con. If not it can combo with Adarkar Valkyrie to go a lil wider with higher quality 187 infinite loops like Yosei, the morning star, Kokusho, the evening Star, and Keiga, the tide star.

Not sure if this helps... I still feel like it’s counter-intuitive for Atraxa, but it’s always worth play testing. 🤔🙂

If you want more infinity ideas check out my Ertai, the Corrupted deck. It’s a combo deck packed with possible infinite loops.
« Última modificação: Outubro 28, 2018, 03:08:10 am por nickelphoenix »

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Responder #2 em: Outubro 28, 2018, 02:39:09 am »
So, to summarize, you want:

1. Planeswalkers as the main theme.
2. At least two infinite combos that win the game.
3. Tuned to a meta with token decks.

Finding Planeswalkers isn't that hard. Head to gatherer.wizards.com and go to the advanced search. For color put NOT "Red" and for type put AND "Planeswalker". Alternatively, https://edhrec.com/commanders/atraxa-praetors-voice

For tech against token decks, you can (and should) use Toxic Deluge, Ghostly Prison, Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite, Propaganda, and Crawlspace.

I'll try to brainstorm some infinite combos, but I'm sure someone else will be able to help there as well.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Responder #3 em: Outubro 28, 2018, 07:23:08 pm »
Okay, got one. It sort of goes with the theme of +1/+1 counters, we'll see how this goes.

The core combo uses Mikaeus, the Unhallowed, Walking Ballista, and some form of sacrifice outlet (Viscera Seer, Ashnod's Altar, the like). You remove the +1/+1 counter from Walking Ballista to deal 1 damage, you sacrifice it, and then Mikaeus brings it back with a +1/+1 counter.

There are several ways to get into this combo. Using Tooth and Nail or Defense of the Heart will bring both directly to the battlefield (but you'd be better off with Triskelion than Walking Ballista). You can also use Protean Hulk. When Protean Hulk dies (somehow), get Viscera Seer, Body Snatcher, and Sylvan Safekeeper (he protects the combo, so you've won the game at this point). In response to Body Snatcher's enter the battlefield ability, sacrifice it to Viscera Seer. Bring Protean Hulk back from the dead. Sacrifice it to Viscera Seer, this time getting Mikaeus, the Unhallowed and Walking Ballista. Loop set.

Soren841

• Decks
« Responder #4 em: Outubro 28, 2018, 08:08:06 pm »
Listen to Morganator's suggestions, he is my spirit animal
Nils is the God I worship

nickelphoenix

• Decks
« Responder #5 em: Outubro 28, 2018, 09:47:32 pm »
Okay, got one. It sort of goes with the theme of +1/+1 counters, we'll see how this goes.

The core combo uses Mikaeus, the Unhallowed, Walking Ballista, and some form of sacrifice outlet (Viscera Seer, Ashnod's Altar, the like). You remove the +1/+1 counter from Walking Ballista to deal 1 damage, you sacrifice it, and then Mikaeus brings it back with a +1/+1 counter.

There are several ways to get into this combo. Using Tooth and Nail or Defense of the Heart will bring both directly to the battlefield (but you'd be better off with Triskelion than Walking Ballista). You can also use Protean Hulk. When Protean Hulk dies (somehow), get Viscera Seer, Body Snatcher, and Sylvan Safekeeper (he protects the combo, so you've won the game at this point). In response to Body Snatcher's enter the battlefield ability, sacrifice it to Viscera Seer. Bring Protean Hulk back from the dead. Sacrifice it to Viscera Seer, this time getting Mikaeus, the Unhallowed and Walking Ballista. Loop set.

WHOA. That's genius. +1/+1 as part of the looping mechanism to synergize with Atraxa. <3 <3 <3

Soren841

• Decks
« Responder #6 em: Outubro 28, 2018, 10:02:59 pm »
If you go the Flash Hulk route I suggest not focusing much on the counters theme. Atraxa is generally used in competitive only because of her colors and as a backup she's a very nice beater (keyword city xd). You can still keep a +1/+1 counters subtheme by using this combo (Triskelion and Ballista both Synergize with Atraxa) but it would be minimal because focusing on counters takes away from the actual combo.

nickelphoenix

• Decks
« Responder #7 em: Outubro 28, 2018, 11:28:19 pm »
If you go the Flash Hulk route I suggest not focusing much on the counters theme. Atraxa is generally used in competitive only because of her colors and as a backup she's a very nice beater (keyword city xd). You can still keep a +1/+1 counters subtheme by using this combo (Triskelion and Ballista both Synergize with Atraxa) but it would be minimal because focusing on counters takes away from the actual combo.

Agreed, I was referring to the cleverness of having incorporated +1/+1 counters for it's synergy value with Atraxa prior to the combo being formed. Obviously tutoring for, and execution of the combo takes precedence over anything else.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Responder #8 em: Outubro 29, 2018, 12:20:23 am »
Okay, figured out another infinite combo for this deck.

Aminatou, the Fateshifter can blink any permanent, so you use that ability on Felidar Guardian. When the cat enters, it blinks Aminatou, resetting her.

If you combine this with The Chain Veil or Oath of Teferi, you can get two activations with Aminatou per cycle, allowing you to generate infinite mana (she can untap lands). But I think it's best to use Altar of the Brood to mill everyone. Alternatively, Cathars' Crusade will make the other creatures you have infinitely big.

It was two combos that you wanted right?

Soren841

• Decks
« Responder #9 em: Outubro 29, 2018, 01:25:20 am »
Ideally the combos are layered, so if you're using the Felidar combo I recommend using Birthing Pod Kiki-Jiki combo as well, and not Mikeball

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Responder #10 em: Outubro 29, 2018, 02:24:42 am »

Soren841

• Decks
« Responder #11 em: Outubro 29, 2018, 02:59:13 am »
Right, Atraxa is sans red :|

Cabinade

• Decks
« Responder #12 em: Novembro 02, 2018, 03:17:06 am »
Obviously your going to want to run counter doublers like Doubling Season and Deepglow Skate. Doubling Season makes infinite tokens with Jace the Cunning Castaway. Another fun combo is to double the counters on Tamiyo the Moon Sage and Tamiyo, Field Researcher, then if you ult them both you can cast an instant or sorcery from your hand infinite times most likely winning the game. One more combo is Kaya, ghost assasin cast when you have Oath of teferi out. It allows her to drain your opponents for two and you gain two, then you flicker her losing the two that you gained however you can now do that infinite times and win.
If your friends are running tokens you might want to consider running Amulet of Safekeeping and you should definitely run Cyclonic Rift.
« Última modificação: Novembro 02, 2018, 03:23:10 am por Cabinade »