deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Aggiorna Sessione button and then try again.

Autore Topic: Never played (EDH) But Would like to start. So I got a deck. mono red  (Letto 598 volte)

Caveman Clay

• Patron
  • Decks
Est. MTG player 2018.
Goblins collecting 505

Judaspriester

• Decks
Re: Never played (EDH) But Would like to start. So I got a deck. mono red
« Risposta #1 il: Novembre 26, 2018, 02:56:21 pm »
First of all, you need to make the deck public.  ;)
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Caveman Clay

• Patron
  • Decks
« Risposta #2 il: Novembre 26, 2018, 02:58:52 pm »
sorry will do ASAp
Est. MTG player 2018.
Goblins collecting 505

superduperbeans

• Decks
« Risposta #3 il: Novembre 26, 2018, 04:34:57 pm »
Something you might want to consider is Purphoros, God of the Forge. Once you've got a few goblins dropping a round, it gets nasty.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Risposta #4 il: Novembre 26, 2018, 05:32:53 pm »
This is perfect. Krenko was my first commander deck too, and it absolutely is a great deck to start with. He is still my favorite Commander to date. So I know a lot about what cards you'll be wanting.

Win Conditions
Let's start with the win conditions, and then work backwards. You already have Thornbite Staff, which is great. You generate infinite tokens with any sacrifice outlet (Skirk Prospector, Goblin Bombardment). If you want the combo path, Umbral Mantle also works with some cards (Skirk Prospector, Ashnod's Altar, Mana Echoes). And then there's Breath of Fury. All you need for this combo is a global haste enabler, and an opponent who can't block. Enchant a goblin token, and attack the player who can't block (have all other goblin tokens attack other players). With the additional combat step, Breath of Fury snaps on to another token, and all creatures untap. Tap Krenko to get more goblins, with haste (thanks to the global haste enabler). Repeat for infinite combat damage.

For any of these combos, Gamble will be useful (as is Imperial Recruiter, but he's pricey).

A lot of times, you can also win with massive combat or burn damage. Shared Animosity, Coat of Arms, Obelisk of Urd, and Eldrazi Monument will all help you win with combat damage. For burn damage, Goblin War Strike, Mob Justice, Purphoros, God of the Forge, and Furystoke Giant can all end the game for someone (Furystoke is also a one-sided boardwipe sometimes).

Support
In all cases, you want lots of creature tokens. So let's do that; build a token army. When playing this deck, keep in mind that your tokens are not expendable early on. Try to keep your early goblins alive (going from 2 to 4 to 8 to 16 goblins isn't as good as 3 to 6 to 12 to 24). So let's build this army. Thousand-Year Elixir let's you get two uses of Krenko per turn, and doubles as a haste enabler. Goblin Lackey and Goblin Instigator can also get you more goblins in the early game. You also want haste enablers, lots of them. Prioritize global haste (Goblin Warchief, Goblin Chieftain, Fervor), but just giving Krenko haste could be enough (Goblin Motivator, Lightning Greaves, Hall of the Bandit Lord). Mass Hysteria is a good haste enabler, but be warned; it may help your opponents more than you. Generator Servant is excellent, and should go in every red deck where your commander benefits from haste.

Mana Ramp
Even though you have a low curve, you'll still want some mana ramp. With goblins, you get access to some pretty unique stuff. You already have Skirk Prospector, but let me suggest some more. Battle Hymn and Brightstone Ritual give crazy amounts of mana. Infernal Plunge gives a quick boost. While not as good as the others, it's still useful. Cheering Fanatic gives light mana ramp, but doubles as a low-cost goblin. Chandra, Torch of Defiance gives mana ramp, as well as some other relevant abilities. Ruby Medallion is a staple in mono-red. And lastly, Mana Echoes will give you more mana than you'll ever need (also goes infinite with Umbral Mantle).

"Card Draw"
Red gets shafted for card draw effects (at least you have Skullclamp), so it relies on "red draw". Dark-Dweller Oracle and Chandra, Torch of Defiance sort of give card draw. You can also try Wheel of Fate, Winds of Change, and Reforge the Soul.

Removal
Last little bit, you need ways on dealing with threats. Abrade, Outnumber, Chaos Warp, Goblin Assassin, Goblin Trashmaster, and Goblin Welder.
« Ultima modifica: Novembre 26, 2018, 06:43:45 pm da Morganator 2.0 »

Caveman Clay

• Patron
  • Decks
« Risposta #5 il: Novembre 27, 2018, 04:23:38 am »
Thanks for the help, it a lot to put together. Ill collect all the additional cards and figure out where to insert them into the deck.

How should I balance the deck with the new cards,  replace creature for a creature etc..

Blood moon  any good here.

Thanks again

Est. MTG player 2018.
Goblins collecting 505

Caveman Clay

• Patron
  • Decks
« Risposta #6 il: Dicembre 20, 2018, 04:43:51 am »

Played two games so far with all the updates. I'm 1 for 1 now. second games was amazing turn 7 win.  Talk aban get about fun when you can get a few goblin out and swing out the mob boss.  I had Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle, Thousand- year elixir, Blood moon, Ruby medallion, throne of the god-pharaoh. in play plus 4 creatures (goblins) and then the  boss came out. tapped him had haste for all creatures in play, tapped thousand, untapped boss. i passed. they had no answers. n ext tapped boss untapped boss, then tapped boss swung with 21. damage they block 4. on my upkeep had 21 tokens tapped they lost other 21 life from artifact.  This my second game and was great. 
Est. MTG player 2018.
Goblins collecting 505

crimsonking

• Decks
« Risposta #7 il: Dicembre 22, 2018, 05:14:55 pm »
Flamekin Village and/or Hanweir Battlements to give haste to Krenko.
Solemn Simulacrum goes by default in any non-green deck.
Stranglehold to hose tutoring and extra-turns.
Gamble to tutor for stuff.
Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker goes infinite in a thousand ways.
Zealous Conscripts goes infinite with Kiki-Jiki.
Lightning Crafter goes infinite with Kiki-Jiki + Skirk Prospector.
Another infinite combo is Kiki-Jiki + Thornbite Staff + Goblin Sharpshooter.
Moggcatcher tutors for all your goblins, can fetch Kiki-Jiki + Skirk Prospector + Lightning Crafter in two turns.
You lack board wipes, such as Blasphemous Act, Vandalblast, maybe Ruination etc.
By the way, overall the deck is cool.
« Ultima modifica: Dicembre 22, 2018, 05:19:05 pm da crimsonking »

Caveman Clay

• Patron
  • Decks
« Risposta #8 il: Dicembre 23, 2018, 02:45:53 pm »
Thanks for the help.   Have 1 of the cards will need to do some research for the rest. 

Thanks again.
Caveman Clay
Est. MTG player 2018.
Goblins collecting 505

PTdangerous

• Decks
« Risposta #9 il: Dicembre 23, 2018, 03:12:24 pm »
Goblins is a fun deck to play with one guy in my play group runs it. Good choice for a first deck.