deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Aggiorna Sessione button and then try again.

Autore Topic: [EDH / Commander] cEDH Tier List  (Letto 9821 volte)

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] cEDH Tier List
« Risposta #45 il: Marzo 25, 2019, 03:34:55 am »
Are we arguing about minutiae again? I love arguing minutiae!

The real issues with the tiers is that we can draw the line anywhere. With enough statistical data we could make a list with 791 tiers; one for each commander.

So let's go back to defining the tiers.
1, Maximum Power: The best of the best, these decks are tried and tested, and are the most powerful ones.
1.5, competitive: these are also very strong decks that can go toe-to-toe with the higher decks, but have issues that are just stopping them from greatness.
2, High power: These decks are less consistent, but can still be very powerful decks. It is possible that in the future they will go up a tier.
3, Mid power: Casual decks are born here. Unfortunately, due to the nature of these commanders, they are not likely to leave this tier.
4, Casual: Or as I would prefer to call it, the garbage tier. These commanders just do not have abilities you can build a solid deck around, unless it is built around the colors, not the commander.

Pay attention to those last three categories. Both Reki and Kongming do not have the power to be in tier 2, but they are not so terrible that they deserve a spot in tier 4. Your argument is to make a whole new tier to divide tier 3 into two separate categories, which is just impractical, especially when the real focus of this list is the first three categories, not the last three.

If you want to take on this challenge, by all means, go ahead. But you can't put this much onus on someone else.

P.S. Can I see your lists for Kongming and Reki? I would like to compare them myself... after I finish with Vannifar.
« Ultima modifica: Marzo 25, 2019, 04:18:52 am da Morganator 2.0 »

Soren841

• Decks
« Risposta #46 il: Marzo 25, 2019, 03:45:55 am »
Aye Morganator hmu on TappedOut.. as much as I love this site, there's no good private messaging.

Also, like I said, there is a substantial difference between Kongming and Reki. What you have to understand is that, despite the differences, they still both fall under the same tier.
« Ultima modifica: Marzo 25, 2019, 03:47:27 am da Soren841 »
Nils is the God I worship

SharkDance

• Decks
« Risposta #47 il: Marzo 25, 2019, 05:14:11 am »
I'll grab my physical Reki deck and make a decklist when I get a chance later.  I regularly play against decks that are 1.5 and 2 and have lost I believe only once with it.  Yes a good part of that is people underestimating that, but I'd still say he's tier 2.

For the garbage tier - Adeliz is: 3 CMC with haste and evasion, self-pumping, and also tribal antheming/lording.
Clearly she's not amazing, but she's also not like a joke commander where you pay 7 for a 4/4 that has a useless ability.  Or a 10 mana monocolored commander.

Not sure I understand the argument in "cEDH they're all useless" - in cEDH anything below competitive would by your own definition be useless so why even extend the list down that low?

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Risposta #48 il: Marzo 25, 2019, 10:49:37 am »
I don't understand what you want at this point. Would you like to see tier 3 divided into two separate tiers? Or do you want to see Reki in tier 2?

Soren841

• Decks
« Risposta #49 il: Marzo 25, 2019, 02:22:11 pm »
All of Adeliz' abilities are useless in cEDH.. cEDH decks do not win through combat and tribal decks are not viable. I know you think you win with Reki against high tier decks, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say they aren't actually high tier. Just having the commander isn't enough to make your deck competitive.

APunyPenguin

• Decks
« Risposta #50 il: Marzo 25, 2019, 07:58:55 pm »
Sucks seeing Inalla  all the way down in their two As she's my favorite. I'm guessing that's based on her reanimtor build?

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Risposta #51 il: Marzo 25, 2019, 08:04:31 pm »
I'm guessing that's based on her reanimtor build?

I'm not actually sure. I've only ever seen two builds for Inalla, Archmage Ritualist. The first uses the Wanderwine Prophets combo, which doesn't work so well in competitive commander. The second uses Isochron Scepter and Dramatic Reversal, paired with Inalla's ability to drain their opponents. Neither one is all that powerful.

You could also do a storm build, but at that point you're playing her for the colors, and you may as well use Kess, Dissident Mage.

Soren841

• Decks
« Risposta #52 il: Marzo 25, 2019, 09:47:20 pm »
Inalla Reanimator is the top build, yes.

Skylord

• Decks
« Risposta #53 il: Aprile 27, 2019, 01:32:09 pm »
godo is t1.5 he sweeps cedh tournaments and is on speed on par with breakfast hulk etc. he is a 1 card combo. it just lacks interaction which would be the only argument keeping him from t1

Soren841

• Decks
« Risposta #54 il: Aprile 27, 2019, 01:49:33 pm »
That attitude is not going to do anything. I know all the pros and cons for Godo and I agree with where he is. You could actually try to change my mind though..

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Risposta #56 il: Aprile 27, 2019, 02:35:56 pm »
That attitude is not going to do anything. I know all the pros and cons for Godo and I agree with where he is. You could actually try to change my mind though..

LOL good luck with that but before you say anything. You are right and you do know all the pros and cons :)
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

Soren841

• Decks
« Risposta #57 il: Aprile 27, 2019, 02:53:41 pm »
Let me guess, you don't think I do.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Risposta #58 il: Aprile 27, 2019, 03:41:20 pm »
You could actually try to change my mind though..

Very well, if you insist...

Godo, Bandit Warlord is speed. Pure, sweeping, speed. This deck is designed to consistently win on turn 2, so while it's not easy for it to protect itself, it forces it's opponents to delay their game plan in order to leave up interaction.

In comparison to the other commanders in tier 2, Godo is absolutely the most powerful one among them. He just has a much faster and more consistent game plan. None of the other decks in that tier consistently threaten a turn 3 win. Godo does turn 2. And as for protection, Godo is on par with other commanders in tier 1.5 taking into account that they also could not effectively protect a combo that early either. Yisan is a late game deck that can only get it's protection out turn 3 at the soonest (I've read the primer). Ghave has very little protection/recursion in that list. On combo turn, Meren and Varolz  are just as susceptible to removal as Godo on combo turn.

If these commanders have made it to tier 1.5, Godo should be there as well.

Soren841

• Decks
« Risposta #59 il: Aprile 27, 2019, 04:13:04 pm »
The Meren deck doesn't rely on Meren at all so that's irrelevant.. I don't know the exact average for Godo's goldfish but speed alone is not enough. It has basically 0 protection outside of Pyroblast and REB. It basically just loses to any counterspell or removal and once it uses all its rituals, if it gets stopped well.. good luck

Also note that I've already moved Yisan DOWN from where he originally was so..
« Ultima modifica: Aprile 27, 2019, 04:23:22 pm da Soren841 »