deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Auteur Sujet: Marath, Token Producer - Comments  (Lu 149 fois)

Comment Bot

• Invité
Marath, Token Producer - Comments
« le: Mars 31, 2019, 05:31:44 pm »
Marath, Token Producer

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

Ylhyssia

• I love deck-building :3
  • Decks
Re: Marath, Token Producer - Comments
« Réponse #1 le: Mars 31, 2019, 05:31:44 pm »
Biggest problem with this deck is going to be your curve.

Right now you have 23 cards at CMC5 or more, which means 25% of your deck can't be cast before turn 5, so un;less you add a completely crazy amount of ramp, this deck will most likely be very slow and will struggle a lot in the early game, putting you at risk of falling behind.

Your deck seems to know what it wants to do: make lots of tokens, buff them, beat face, and you have a lot of cards that support this strategy. However sticking every high CMC card you can find into one deck is a beginner trap that you shouldn't fall into. The meat of your deck should be in cards with CMC 1-4, so you can properly build-up and set-up your bombs (cards at 5+ CMC).

I'dd start by cutting some of your higher CMC cards, and add more effective ramp. Right now you have cards that can give you more mana, but most of those come in the game too late to be properly effective. For example cards like From Beyond, Mirari's Wake. Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury. Xenagos, the Reveler, Grand Warlord Radha are all very good cards, but they all cost 4+ and as such shouldn't really be treated as ramp (and from beyond, while 4 mana, doesn't start giving mana until turn 5, so again, not very effective).

Stuff like Farseek, Cultivate, Llanowar Elves, etc., would add more ramp in the 1-3 CMC spots. Also, running cards that allow you to play multiple lands per turn could be sweet if your goal is to cast a lot of big stuff.

Cards I would personally cut:

Anointer Priest: why lifegain?
Chorus of the Conclave: so mana intensive, not sure you can make this work without a pretty high amount of mana due to all your super high CMC creatures.
Emmara Tandris: doesn't protect against board wipes, just damage. Tokens are supposed to be expendable, if you have enough token generators (which you do) this card is "eh".
Goblin Sharpshooter: just meh, in my opinion, unless you can abuse it with tap/untap shenanigans, or sac outlets for your tokens (but this isn't an aristocrat deck so).
Gorgon's Head: doesn't create tokens, or +1/+1, deathtouch isn't that useful either.
Oketra's Monument: only reduces cost of White creatures (which you don't have that much of), and only creates tokens when you cast a creature (no interaction with token generation), so this card feels moderately impactful to your deck.

There's also some cards in there that seem to be little other than big beaters: Aurelia, the Warleader, Desolation Twin (well this one makes tokens, but geez that mana cost), Majestic Myriarch, Palladia-Mors, the Ruiner, Preyseizer Dragon.

I don't really like those cards since they don't really support the strategy of "make tokens, make them big". They're big, expensive, don't support the strategy. I'd remove all those and add more ramp, draw, or more low CMC stuff to smooth your curve and give you more early game. If the point is to have an army of tokens that rise to be huge threats, you don't really need big timmy creatures imo.

LordofHearts

• Decks
Re: Marath, Token Producer - Comments
« Réponse #2 le: Avril 01, 2019, 02:16:54 am »
I appreciate your comment because I have felt the deck is a little slow, I do think I need to add more low drop ramp. Thanks for the suggestions!