deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Aggiorna Sessione button and then try again.

Autore Topic: [EDH / Commander] Gur-Dragons  (Letto 403 volte)

Primal_Calamity

• Decks
[EDH / Commander] Gur-Dragons
« il: Aprile 08, 2019, 01:09:11 am »
Gur-Dragons

Hey guys! I'm trying to put together a tribal Ur-Dragon deck for EDH that won't break the bank. The first few runs I've been able to get the dragons out at a decent speed, but I'm finding they start to plateau right away and ultimately slow down, hence the additional card draws in this version like Phyrexian Arena, Staff of Nin, and Tireless Tracker.

I have a few boardwipes and removals to slow down the opponents, but would love to find a way for these dragons to feed off of each other and start spitting onto the battle field exponentially.

My questions to you guys is; do you have any suggestions on what to add in or remove to have these dragons coming out at an increasing pace or, do you have any suggestions for the above list on what to cut out that will help me get below 100 for legal play (currently at 120).

Thanks! 

Slappy T-Rex

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Gur-Dragons
« Risposta #1 il: Aprile 08, 2019, 07:28:21 pm »
On first glance I'd say that you have too much land fetch going on for a deck that doesn't benefit from landfall. If you're goal is ramp to get dragons out you could add cards like Helm of Awakening and rely more on your mana rocks and other cost reducers. It's not bad to have a bit of land fetch for mana fixing, but you've got a ton in here. So that's where I'd start the cutting.

Just to get the card cutting ball rolling:

I'd definitely lose Courser of Kruphix and Rampant Growth. I'd also consider losing cards like Yavimaya Elder, Solemn Simulacrum and Sakura Tribe Elder. I like those cards, but I like them best when I can recur them or find other ways to abuse their ETB effects.

I'd also look at your mana rocks and find ways to optimize them a bit more. For example, I'd rather have a Commander's Sphere than a Darksteel Ingot.

Zendikar Resurgent could be good too. It gives you ramp and card draw, so could help you pare down some more.

Good luck, hope that helps.

« Ultima modifica: Aprile 08, 2019, 10:31:05 pm da Slappy T-Rex »

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Risposta #2 il: Aprile 09, 2019, 02:34:05 pm »
As always in a 5C deck, the manabase is VERY important. it need to be good in order to not get behind your opponents.

I've got 1 5C Deck myself and the manabase works kina fine:
https://deckstats.net/decks/112190/1047892-najeela-warrior-tribe/

if you don't stick that much to your tribal as I did, there is still some room for improvement.

The other parts of the deck seems okay for me, even if I would prefere a little more removal, but this is very much playgroup dependant.

agbout Slappy T-Rex hint with Zendikar Resurgent: yes, that card is very great because it offers you alot of mana and some card draw. But i don't like it that much, because you first need 7 mana to play it. This means that it only helps you in mid to late game, where your deck should outpower your opponents already.
Then about Darksteel Ignot vs Commander's Sphere: The important question here is the number of (mass-) artifact removal in your playgroup. The Ignot is better if you want/need to play safe, because mana rocks get removed. If your playgroup doesn't care about them, the Sphere might be better, because you can use it as card draw later on.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Risposta #3 il: Aprile 09, 2019, 03:43:59 pm »
Also, did you check out this thread?

https://deckstats.net/forum/index.php/topic,42562.0.html

The best way to learn is by teaching yourself (don't tell colleges that). This thread will help you decide which cards you should cut.