deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tema: Politics - War - Comments  (Leído 154 veces)

Comment Bot

• Visitante
Politics - War - Comments
« en: Mayo 06, 2019, 04:14:12 pm »
Politics - War

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

Judaspriester

• Decks
Re: Politics - War - Comments
« Respuesta #1 en: Mayo 06, 2019, 04:14:12 pm »
On a short look, the deck idea seems fine, but the land base could break your neck. Especially the vast amount of temples (e.g. Temple of Malice) and tap lands (e.g. Dismal Backwater) slows you down alot.

In order to replace them, I suggest check lands (e.g. Glacial Fortress) and battle lands (e.g. Prairie Stream), then fill up with Exotic Orchard and some basics. This should speed up the deck without exploding your budget.

Besides that, are you sure about Sun Droplet? I think there are, at least for edh, way better options to gain life. The problem for me is, that the droplet will most likely collect way more counters than you will be able to recover. I've just taken a short look for artifacts:  Pristine Talisman, Venser's JournalClearwater Goblet, Fountain of Renewal, Ivory Tower.

About your counterspells, what about Split Decision? I think it would fit very good in your deck theme.

I've just checked my Xantcha deck, this is what I've found:
Maddening Imp
Mass Hysteria
Mass Mutiny
Mob Rule
Rite of the Raging Storm
Assault Suit
Balduvian Warlord
Crown of Doom (the famous hot potato)
Crawlspace
Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs
Master of Cruelties
Tainted Remedy

Maybe some of the cards catches your eye. ;)
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

silentkiss

• Decks
« Respuesta #2 en: Mayo 06, 2019, 06:45:40 pm »
I am always happy to receive feedback.

I totally agree that the landbase needs rework and I will look into the mentioned lands.

I am not sure what you mean with Sun Droplet being too slow, as it triggers "At the beginning of each upkeep". Due to the face that I will most likely play this deck in a multiplayer setup (>=4 players)  it will heal me for 4 life every round.
Pristine Talisman --> needs tap --> only 1 life per round
Venser's Journal -->  costs 5 mana which IMO is a bit too much
Clearwater Goblet --> also 5 mana
Fountain of Renewal --> only 1 life per round, but might be interesting due to the lower manacost and the possibility to draw
Ivory Tower --> I do not intend to have that many cards

It acually fits pretty nicely, however the counterspells are to have a chance again "destroy all enchantments" as this effect just kills me. cards like Back to Nature, Reverent Silence, Patrician's Scorn or Paraselene are not that uncommon.
And if I have 8 Enchantments on the field there will be n-1 votes for duplication (where n=number of players)

Maddening Imp seems very good I will incude him.
Mass Hysteria --> 1 cardslot for ... pretty much nothing as I do not profit from instant attacks and the other player can just play there creatures in their second main.
Mass Mutiny --> I will consider it, as it seems a good card in general
Mob Rule --> expensive I need to look
Rite of the Raging Storm --> I will consider it, it is expensive (as I do not have ramp) but fitts very nicly
Assault Suit --> so expensive
Balduvian Warlord --> cool but seems to be worth of using a removal, and it only 1 creature attacks it is useless (all the creatures I play are rather weak, nobody wants to spend a lightning bolt on an unblockable 1/1 which does nothing more than 1 damage a turn, I know Fumiko the Lowblood, Grenzo, Havoc Raiser, Royal Assassin, Goblin Spymaster and Hanna, Ship's Navigator are worth a lightning bolt but they have fast benefits)
Crown of Doom --> I considered it, I am just not sure, so expensive and it might backfire :/
Crawlspace --> I have some 1/1s I wannt to attack with more, I want others to attack with all their creatures, I do not see why I would play this
Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs --> 5mana --> only benefit vs many small creatures, for that I have Hissing Miasma, Propaganda, Ghostly Prison, Trespasser's Curse and finaly Sphere of Safety
Master of Cruelties --> 5 mana / can only attack alone / dies to so many removals --> no
Tainted Remedy --> (replace with Curse of Vitality) this looks nice but is countering my own playstil --> Playstil: help all / nobody wants to attack me / I am friendly <3 / here you get some cards/life/creaturetoken if you dont attack me / I help you all attack each other --> pew Overwhelming Splendor I win

Thank for the help :)

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Respuesta #3 en: Mayo 06, 2019, 08:26:35 pm »
Well, you got me. Somehow I was thinking Sun Droplet gives only life at your upkeep, in stead of every upkeep. that makes a huge difference. ;)

Well, my Xantcha deck is also kinda political, but has a different focus. I've just taken a short look what might be interesting, in stead of looking in depth what would really fit into your deck.
Balduvian Warlord is, at least for me interesting, because you can use it at every combat, not only at yours. so you could for example help an opponent to deal his commander damage in exchange for some help or peace. But i agree with you, that hes a little playgroup and game dependant.
The Crown of Doom can't backfire.  "target player other than Crown of Doom's owner gains control of it". Even if you have given the control to another player, you're still the owner, so you only get it back, if the opponent that currently controls it dies. If the crown could come back to you for 2 mana, I wouldn't mention or even play it.
I use the Master of Cruelties usually only as (maybe expensive) blocker. with first strike and deathtouch, I only need to worry about opponent creatures that are flying or have first/double strike themself. Everything else dies to him. At least at my playgroup this works to scare some people off.
About Mob Rule: Yes, its an expensive card, but if you've got a creature heavy playgroup it might be worth concidering it. Compared to Mass Munity it costs 1 more mana, but may allow you to get control of way more creatures.

Btw, if you need some more ramp, the Signets (e.g. Orzhov Signet) could be interesting. The other obvious choice would be Darksteel Ingot. Its a little more expensive, but helps you color fixing and is hard to remove.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

silentkiss

• Decks
« Respuesta #4 en: Mayo 06, 2019, 09:15:41 pm »
Ahhh yes you are completle right about Crown of Doom, my bad :)

thanks for the help