deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Aggiorna Sessione button and then try again.

Autore Topic: Arixmethes, Slumbering Isle - Comments  (Letto 183 volte)

Comment Bot

• Visitatore
Arixmethes, Slumbering Isle - Comments
« il: Maggio 16, 2019, 11:03:13 am »
Arixmethes, Slumbering Isle

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

Judaspriester

• Decks
Re: Arixmethes, Slumbering Isle - Comments
« Risposta #1 il: Maggio 16, 2019, 11:03:13 am »
Hey,

first of all, are you sure 32 lands are enough? I feel like this is a little less, compared to your average cmc. Speaking about your land base, I would replace Simic Guildgate and Woodland Stream with basics. in Gx colorfixing shouldn't be a big deal.

Then, cut Wurm's Tooth and Kraken's Eye, they usually aren't worth the slots. Caged Sun Is a nice card, but I wouldn't play it outside a mono deck. Grow from the Ashes, Far Wanderings and Circuitous Route also aren't that great in your deck. Farseek only allows you to search for a basic island, thats a waste.

Naturalize could be replaced with Nature's Claim or Return to Nature.

What I would reccomend to add for this deck:
go up to 35-36 lands
Sol Ring
Llanowar Elves
Cultivate
Command Tower
Hinterland Harbor
Myriad Landscape
Counterspell
Imprisoned in the Moon (nice to shut down your opponents commanders)
Krosan Grip (very efficient combo stopper)
Murkfiend Liege

Besides that, Kiora, Master of the Depths and Kiora, the Crashing Wave would fit into the theme of the deck.

Well.. there is always more to improve, but I think the changes mentioned above should already push the deck, without exploding the budget.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

yupthatguy90

• Decks
« Risposta #2 il: Maggio 16, 2019, 05:24:46 pm »
Thank you made a few of the changes you suggested. Caged sun was to work with  Herald of the Secret Streams to make the it that my creatures cant be blocked, which is also why the deck has alot of +1/+1 counter effects, but Murkfiend Liege will also work with that.
Also added Counterspell and Cancel in case a combo pops off. Also took out the fetch sorcery cards and added in basic lands to help bump up that mana a little up to 34 as my commander still can tap for mana, but i do like the include or Myriad Landscape.

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Risposta #3 il: Maggio 21, 2019, 10:24:06 pm »
Thank you made a few of the changes you suggested. Caged sun was to work with  Herald of the Secret Streams to make the it that my creatures cant be blocked, which is also why the deck has alot of +1/+1 counter effects, but Murkfiend Liege will also work with that.
Also added Counterspell and Cancel in case a combo pops off. Also took out the fetch sorcery cards and added in basic lands to help bump up that mana a little up to 34 as my commander still can tap for mana, but i do like the include or Myriad Landscape.

Hey,

I'm sorry, I haven't noticed the reply. I'm sorry but Caged Sun or Murkfiend Liege doesn't work with Herald of the Secret Streams. The effect of both named cards is static, you don't get counters on your creatures that way. to make use of the Herald, you really need stuff that gives you +1/+1 counters like the evolve ability of Clinging Anemones (to name an example).
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.