deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Aggiorna Sessione button and then try again.

Autore Topic: Looking for a way to finish off deck  (Letto 585 volte)

UgandanShuckle

• Decks
Looking for a way to finish off deck
« il: Giugno 04, 2019, 08:27:51 pm »
https://deckstats.net/decks/123037/1311153-taxation-for-representation/en
This deck is weird mixture of group hug and hatebear with a hint of pillow fort. The goal is to help your opponents kill each other, while you are safe. While they do this you are taxing their infighting with damage and growing creatures.
Just need to find some cards to fill in. Need more spells-already have enough enchantments and creatures.

Judaspriester

• Decks
Re: Looking for a way to finish off deck
« Risposta #1 il: Giugno 04, 2019, 09:02:01 pm »
hmm.. you've got 50 cards, lets assume 36 lands, then we've got 14 cards left.
First of all, I reccomend to add some ramp: all 3 signets, Sol Ring, Fellwar Stone and the 3 talismans. with that we'll make sure that you're able to play your stuff. you usually want to get ishai out as soon as possible.
makes 6 cards left. Swiftfoot Boots and Darksteel Plate OR Lightning Greaves as protection for your commanders.
4 cards. Disenchant, Swords to Plowshares, Tormod's Crypt, Blasphemous Act.

Thats a kinda small removal package, but you usually want to fight them themselves, so lets pray you don't need more. ;)
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Loggiu

• Decks
« Risposta #2 il: Giugno 04, 2019, 10:48:39 pm »
what about oblivion ring???

UgandanShuckle

• Decks
« Risposta #3 il: Giugno 05, 2019, 12:55:51 am »

Thats a kinda small removal package, but you usually want to fight them themselves, so lets pray you don't need more. ;)
Any cuts you would recommend?

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Risposta #4 il: Giugno 05, 2019, 09:40:15 am »
Ash Zealot and Tunnel Ignus are very meta dependant. Think about their value in your playgroup.
Mondronen Shaman feels a little to expensive manawise compared to what he does.
Fevered Visions is an interesting card, but be careful when you allow all players to draw. This may help them more than you.
Stormbreath Dragon seems nice, but you'll have to spend 13 mana in total for his effect, and even then its dependant on the number of cards in your opponents hands. I think there are more efficient options if you really need the damage.

What proved kinda effective for me in EDH is Darksteel Mutation and Imprisoned in the Moon. If you play one of those at your opponents commander, its usually way more effective than just killing them, since usually has a bad time removing them, unless he draws a enchantment removal.

Btw, there is another nice idea: Tsabo's Web. This card is also very meta dependant, but if your playgroup likes utility lands, it might be worth it.
« Ultima modifica: Giugno 05, 2019, 02:21:33 pm da Judaspriester »

UgandanShuckle

• Decks
« Risposta #5 il: Giugno 05, 2019, 02:45:19 pm »
Put the one you said are meta dependent in the maybe board. Got rid of the stormbreath. Put in Narset-war one in to help with helping other draws. Any other creatures you recomenned?

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Risposta #7 il: Giugno 05, 2019, 02:58:08 pm »
Put the one you said are meta dependent in the maybe board. Got rid of the stormbreath. Put in Narset-war one in to help with helping other draws. Any other creatures you recomenned?

Well, don't get me wrong, both are good, but you'll have to take a look at your meta to make sure they are able to do their job.

Besides that.. the current state of the deck seems fine for me, compared to the budget. Try it this way and then we can tweak the deck after some games.

For the Land base, my golden rule: "if it always enters tapped, it needs to have a significant effect". Even on a low budget, I see no reason to play stuff like guildgates in EDH.

Btw, the missing 2 talismans get (finally) printed in modern horizons.

UgandanShuckle

• Decks
« Risposta #8 il: Giugno 05, 2019, 04:44:17 pm »
I mainly build just to release stress. I am currently on a very tight budget. The only deck I have is mostly filled with basic lands. I want to upgrade that one before I buy a new deck. Addtionally, I cannot find any good playgroups. Here is another deck I built. Sadly it is also too expensive for me. If anyone wants to test on mtgo?
https://deckstats.net/decks/123037/1240162-gyrus-edh

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Risposta #9 il: Giugno 05, 2019, 04:55:01 pm »
Okay, the Gryus deck is at 100€ (taking the miracle games price). If that is already to expensive, you'll have a real hard time to build something that fits into your budget.

Leave me a message if you want to spend some money for your existing deck, I'll take a look than how to invest that money then.

The lack of a good playgroup is a real problem..