deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tópico: Custom Card Challenge: Commanders  (Lida 13796 vezes)

Soren841

• Decks
Re: Custom Card Challenge: Commanders
« Responder #60 em: Agosto 08, 2019, 10:39:51 pm »
I know but she's indestructible and costs 3.
Nils is the God I worship

Loggiu

• Decks
« Responder #61 em: Agosto 09, 2019, 02:39:36 am »
buahahahaah....merlus!!!!! in my dialect meens codfish!!!he look like richard garfield I suppose it's not very content of this card XD XD

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
« Responder #62 em: Agosto 09, 2019, 08:22:06 am »
Hey so are we aloud to provide feedback on any/all of the cards here because there are a few cards I would like to put my two cents in for, but I am not sure if Soren is done with his thing yet.
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

BudgetishEDH

• Decks
« Responder #63 em: Agosto 09, 2019, 02:39:08 pm »
I'm glad this is only enchantments and not artifacts or that would be even more busted than this already is. I'm not sure red color identity works here, though. I also don't understand why she has X in her cost.

The X is in the cost because it was supposed to be search your library for X auras but I wrote it when I was half awake at 1 in the morning.

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Responder #64 em: Agosto 09, 2019, 02:58:15 pm »
I'm glad this is only enchantments and not artifacts or that would be even more busted than this already is. I'm not sure red color identity works here, though. I also don't understand why she has X in her cost.

The X is in the cost because it was supposed to be search your library for X auras but I wrote it when I was half awake at 1 in the morning.

Little hint for the next time:
Make your cards, sleep, review the cards. if you're satisfied then, post them.
The challenge was open for like 2 weeks and if someone would have asked for another day, I doubt moganator would have said no. There was no reason to rush the designs.  ;)
« Última modificação: Agosto 09, 2019, 04:02:20 pm por Judaspriester »
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

dexflux

• Decks
« Responder #65 em: Agosto 09, 2019, 04:01:12 pm »
For the next contest (I hope there will be one!), here is a great resource for learning about design: http://www.custommagic.space/

It also links some primary sources about Magic card design, especially by Mark Rosewater.

ORCH1D

• Decks
« Responder #66 em: Agosto 09, 2019, 05:30:05 pm »
I don't like how overdone UB mill is. -1 for creativity imo

bUt ItS GrIxIs So ItS MoRe CrEaTiVe /s

In all seriousness, I think Chainer suffered from being a more established character. While the others are also MTG characters, I feel like they were more of a blank slate that encouraged me to explore the theme more, whereas with Chainer I was trying too hard making mechanics that fit his character's abilities rather than breaking the mould. Lesson learnt!

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Responder #67 em: Agosto 09, 2019, 05:49:38 pm »

In all seriousness, I think Chainer suffered from being a more established character. While the others are also MTG characters, I feel like they were more of a blank slate that encouraged me to explore the theme more, whereas with Chainer I was trying too hard making mechanics that fit his character's abilities rather than breaking the mould. Lesson learnt!

I think the problem is a different. There is the color pie, and it's there for a reason.
The first problem with your chainer is, that he has no aspects of red, so its basical dimir, not grixis.
The second problem is, that dimir mill is a very common theme, so I can understand that soren expected something a little more creative.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Soren841

• Decks
« Responder #68 em: Agosto 09, 2019, 05:55:32 pm »
Comments are fine. I just decided to sleep until noon today :P I've mostly made my decision but the decision for 1st place is tough

dexflux

• Decks
« Responder #69 em: Agosto 09, 2019, 06:10:11 pm »
Comments are fine. I just decided to sleep until noon today :P I've mostly made my decision but the decision for 1st place is tough

I'd love to be in your position next time and judge. Btw, how exactly do you judge? I'd like to know (after the winner has been announced of course).

Soren841

• Decks
« Responder #70 em: Agosto 09, 2019, 06:23:42 pm »
Well last time I had a point system but this time I feel like I'm familiar enough with just Magic and good card design to just let it be a more "the ones I felt were the best." Obviously for the top 2 or 3 I'm taking a closer look at the cards because it's pretty close.

ORCH1D

• Decks
« Responder #71 em: Agosto 09, 2019, 06:27:04 pm »

I think the problem is a different. There is the color pie, and it's there for a reason.
The first problem with your chainer is, that he has no aspects of red, so its basical dimir, not grixis.
The second problem is, that dimir mill is a very common theme, so I can understand that soren expected something a little more creative.

Yeah, I was more tackling what I think happened on the creativity front. I personally think that red wasn't too extraneous with the big token generating, and I think in precons and with some legendaries in standard legal sets Wizard's has been more lenient with adding colours for the sake of identity recently (i.e. Feather could easily be mono Red from a mechanics perspective), but I totally see where you guys are coming from with that argument.

What I was trying to take away more was that maybe I should've come up with unique and interesting  mechanics for a graveyard matters card rather than the mechanics to fit a grixis Chainer card, but also with a graveyard matters theme, if you see what I mean. The overall thought process ordering messed with the final result.

Soren841

• Decks
« Responder #72 em: Agosto 09, 2019, 10:01:18 pm »
Alrighty so I've decided on the top 3 :P

1st place is dexflux
2nd place is calebbw
3rd place is ApothecaryGeist

I was planning on like building a deck with the winners cards or something, how do we want to do this? I can build one for my favorite among each of yours, or just build all 12 idk.

dexflux

• Decks
« Responder #73 em: Agosto 10, 2019, 02:00:46 am »
Alrighty so I've decided on the top 3 :P

1st place is dexflux
2nd place is calebbw
3rd place is ApothecaryGeist

I was planning on like building a deck with the winners cards or something, how do we want to do this? I can build one for my favorite among each of yours, or just build all 12 idk.

Thank you very much! And congratulations to all other winners! :)

I'd say choose your favourite Commander for each winner. 12 decks would be quite the ordeal, wouldn't it?

Soren841

• Decks
« Responder #74 em: Agosto 10, 2019, 02:08:41 am »
I brew pretty much constantly and am desperate for stuff to brew lol