deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Aggiorna Sessione button and then try again.

Autore Topic: [EDH / Commander] Kyle's Yarok deck for Tyler  (Letto 593 volte)

throw

• Decks
[EDH / Commander] Kyle's Yarok deck for Tyler
« il: Settembre 05, 2019, 12:02:46 am »
Kyle's Yarok deck for Tyler

a synergistic landfall/elemental deck that wants to ramp and win by getting a bunch of landfall triggers to make a lot of big creatures and then swing big, or if you get a "combo" you could play/draw your entire deck with risen reef and win with lab Maniac. i say combo but it is not infinite just very likely to be your entire deck with risen reef and master of waves or zendikar's roil. i spent a lot of time making this deck and using past experience to refine it.

Slyvester12

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Kyle's Yarok deck for Tyler
« Risposta #1 il: Settembre 05, 2019, 06:11:20 am »
Regal Force, Roil Elemental, and End-raze Forerunners seem a bit greedy in 3 colors. How often are those going to just be dead cards?
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Risposta #2 il: Settembre 05, 2019, 09:28:47 am »
This is Commander.  They will seldomly be dead cards.  At least not for color.  The issue may be that the CMC is 6, 7 & 8.  But having 3 of any given color should seldomly be an issue. 

On that topic, you have plenty of lands.  I would minimize those lands that enter the battlefield tapped.  You have everything: cycling lands, scry lands, lifegain lands, along with a few utility lands.  You are basically guaranteeing that every land will ETB tapped, thereby slowing you down by a turn.  Every turn.  Guildgates are just plain bad in EDH.  There is no upside.  As are the staight-up tap duals like Foul Orchard.  You have plenty of ramp for color fixing.  Don't use those.  Replace with better lands.  Even if you don't have duals that can enter untapped, basic lands are superior to these.  As for the others I mentioned, choose one or two categories that seem to help you the most and go with those.  I personally like the scry lands and cycling lands for this deck.   I would replace the lifegain lands and most of your utility lands.  You currently only have about 12 basics in the deck.  How often will Fertile Thicket really hit?  Not worth the slow-down.  With so much color fixing, will you ever need the sac ability of  Timberland Ruins?  Again, not worth the slow-down. 

I also don't get the mix of snow and non-snow basics.  But that's just my own aesthetics and not really a game play issue.
Happy Brewing!
:)

BrettleyS

• Decks
« Risposta #3 il: Settembre 07, 2019, 11:51:57 am »
sire of stagnation (4 cards whenever an opponent plays a land with yarok on the field)
rite of replication (kicked with risen reef and you basically get 30 triggers, but also very funny card, as you can also copy enemy creatures)
would be cards you may like to play in this deck

throw

• Decks
« Risposta #4 il: Settembre 14, 2019, 06:28:49 pm »
if you look at the mana fixing in the deck you will see that there is alot i have NEVER had a problem with not having my colors to play cards like Regal Force

crimsonking

• Decks
« Risposta #5 il: Settembre 16, 2019, 02:57:17 pm »
Verdant Catacombs, Misty Rainforest, Polluted Delta - I assume it's because of budget issues.
Breeding Pool, Watery Grave - Like above, but shocklands aren't that costy these days.
Nature's Lore - same as above, better than Farseek because the land comes into play untapped.
Baleful Strix - better than Cloudkin Seer because of deathtouch.
Oracle of Mul Daya - better than Courser of Kruphix.
Pernicious Deed - best board wipe ever.
Rhystic Study, Phyrexian Arena - automatic inclusions.
Toxic Deluge, Cyclonic Rift - more automatic inclusions.
Vampiric Tutor, Demonic Tutor, Mystical Tutor - basic tutoring.
Life from the Loam, Tranquil Thicket, Lonely Sandbar, (Oona's Grace/Trade Routes) - useful package, and you already have Barren Moor and lots of other cards than sinergize with it.