deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Aggiorna Sessione button and then try again.

Autore Topic: [EDH] Budget First Sliver  (Letto 774 volte)

Morale

• Decks
[EDH] Budget First Sliver
« il: Giugno 13, 2020, 02:40:09 am »
https://deckstats.net/decks/154223/1667607-copy-of-budget-first-sliver

I just bought this deck from TCG, looking into ways to make it better. i already made some edits from the original budget first sliver deck.

one card i really want to add is a Sliver Legion, which im planning on doing. its just.. costly.

Im really interested by slivers, and i hope my play group wont refuse to play against this deck (one friend already said he will not play it because slivers arent fun)

any advice on this deck would be great. thank you!

Slyvester12

• Decks
Re: [EDH] Budget First Sliver
« Risposta #1 il: Giugno 13, 2020, 01:21:19 pm »
Upgrades mostly depend on your budget. This deck could go anywhere from what it is now to several thousand dollars. One of the first things would be speeding up the mana base.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Risposta #2 il: Giugno 13, 2020, 03:53:36 pm »
I think we can give a lot of help for a Sliver deck (I love Slivers), if you give us an idea of what type of budget you're wanting to work with.
This space for rent.

Morale

• Decks
« Risposta #3 il: Giugno 13, 2020, 09:14:34 pm »
Im willing to spend $200-$300 more on the deck.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Risposta #4 il: Giugno 13, 2020, 11:33:42 pm »
There's a wide variety of ways to build a Sliver deck. Without turning this into a combo deck and keeping it based on combat like you seem to have it built to be...

First place I'd spend money would be the mana base. $200-300 doesn't give you room for the best mana base possible (Shocks & Fetches), but it can definitely improve it. (These suggestions for the mana base are based on how I helped my teenage son build his Sliver deck on a budget)

The problem I see with it as it stands is you're running too many basics for a 5 color deck. My Silver deck only runs one of each basic, but my other 5 color deck runs a total of 7. I think I counted 21 in your list. Personally I've never been a fan of the Vivid lands, if you have them in your opening hand or draw them early by the time you get to turn 7 or 8 they're quite possibly only tapping for one color. I'd look at the Innistrad checklands (Glacial Fortress, Hinterland Harbor, etc.). They can conditionally come in untapped. A full set of the 10 would probably cost you $60 (guessing, I haven't checked their prices in a few weeks). The next 10 I'd look at would be the pain lands (Underground River, Shivan Reef, etc.). They come into play untapped and will help speed your deck up. A full set of the 10 should probably run you around another $75-80. Now we're at 20 lands. Given your budget, you can get by the the full set of tri-lands being your next lands. That brings you to 30 lands. 7 land spots left if we're keeping the land count the same as you have it. For those last 7 spots I'd run 6 basics and a Command Tower. The Command Tower should be less than $2. So that's half your budget if you go to the high end of $300 but my suggestion for your mana base. You could also get away with Sliver Hive and Unclaimed Territory if you wanted to go up a couple lands (which I'd cut two pieces of your ramp artifacts for). There's other Rainbow lands that I could suggest but most of them are $20 or more each and would eat up the majority, if not all, of your budget.

Sliver wise, and this is just at a quick glance, the first thing that I noticed is you're running Manaweft Sliver but not Gemhide Sliver, same effect giving you a little redundancy. Cloudshredder Sliver would be a good include as it gives both flying and haste. Galerider Sliver is a nice one drop that gives all your Slivers flying as well. Crystalline Sliver gives all your Slivers shroud. Necrotic Sliver would give you some removal. I really didn't look at what I'd remove for these additions but if you want that advice I can give it as well.

18 pieces of artifact ramp is a lot. I'd switch to more land search based ramp spells (Farseek, Kodama's Reach, Explosive Vegetation, etc.), capping it at total of 10 artifacts and spells combined as well as adding the two lands I mentioned earlier. I'd use those other spots for some more removal like Vandalblast, Assassin's Trophy, Anguished Unmaking, etc.. There's more things I could suggest like adding some "cares about tribal" pieces like Aphetto Dredging but I'd like to see where you're at with these suggestions before delving more into the deck.
« Ultima modifica: Giugno 13, 2020, 11:43:04 pm da WWolfe »
This space for rent.

Morale

• Decks
« Risposta #5 il: Giugno 14, 2020, 03:04:19 am »
The deck is a copy of the Budget First Sliver deck, i havent made any changes to the land base.

Honestly, land is the most expensive but decidedly un-sexy thing in magic.. but i might as well throw money at it now to make all of my decks better..

Im going to go ahead and buy the set of check lands. Ill look into buying pain lands also.

as an aside, i wish i could add a wish list to my decks. possibly under the maybe board.

edit: im having a hard time getting rid of the ramp here..  removing cards is always a problem for me. i can see how i would use everything there.. help removing some of those to make way for other cards would be great.

edit:
+ Sliver legion
+ sliver  hive

I removed a forest, and a 3 mana artifact.
« Ultima modifica: Giugno 14, 2020, 05:24:32 am da Morale »

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Risposta #6 il: Giugno 14, 2020, 06:35:20 pm »
You can add a wishlist, just type //wishlist under the deck list itself and then type the cards you wish for.

I'll come back later with some suggestions on what to cut and stuff, my son is in town for the weekend so I'm posting while he's playing games with his sisters.
This space for rent.

Morale

• Decks
« Risposta #7 il: Giugno 14, 2020, 07:53:20 pm »
okay thank you.

I added comments to the deck list to make it easier to tell at a glance what every sliver does.

Poison has to go for sure. its not a fun mechanic for anyone.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Risposta #8 il: Giugno 15, 2020, 03:59:14 pm »
Here's the proposed cuts and adds I would make. I have it taking out most of the ramp you have and replacing it with some slightly better ramp. I also included adding the other Slivers I mentioned, a small removal package, and the other two lands I had mentioned.

- Armillary Sphere
- Bonder's Ornament
- Dimir Signet
- Golgari Signet
- Gruul Signet
- Izzet Signet
- Obelisk of Esper
- Obelisk of Grixis
- Obelisk of Jund
- Obelisk of Naya
- Orzhov Signet
- Rakdos Signet
- Selesnya Signet
- Simic Signet
- Wayfarer's Bauble

Ramp to go along with what you had that I left
+ Sol Ring
+ Chromatic Lantern
+ Explore
+ Commander's Sphere

Small removal package
+ Vandalblast
+ Assassin's Trophy
+ Hull Breach
+ Anguished Unmaking
+ Cyclonic Rift

Additional Slivers worth adding
+ Cloudshredder Sliver
+ Galerider Sliver
+ Necrotic Sliver
+ Crystalline Sliver (this combined with Sliver Hivelord gives you a very hard to deal with army)

Two other lands to consider adding
+ Command Tower
+ Unclaimed Territory
« Ultima modifica: Giugno 15, 2020, 09:38:48 pm da WWolfe »
This space for rent.

Morale

• Decks
« Risposta #9 il: Giugno 16, 2020, 12:08:01 am »
is there a reason you would rather use commanders sphere over bonder's ornament? they both seem to do the same thing, but with bonder's ornament i can use extra mana for card draw, were commander's sphere requires me to sack it. maybe im missing something.

thanks for the advice. ill grab these cards and make my edits.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Risposta #10 il: Giugno 16, 2020, 03:35:06 pm »
If you prefer the Ornament for the card draw, that's just a personal preference. Four mana is just a lot to pay to draw one card and I doubt you'd use it as much as you think when there's slivers like Synapse Sliver that will draw you cards just for doing what the deck wants to do.
« Ultima modifica: Giugno 21, 2020, 04:58:34 pm da WWolfe »
This space for rent.