deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Session aktualisieren button and then try again.

Autor Thema: What do you watch?  (Gelesen 1934 mal)

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
Re: What do you watch?
« Antwort #15 am: Oktober 25, 2020, 09:42:27 Nachmittag »
I've recently been watching The Magic Historian.  I like that his news updates are quick bullet points.  The whole video is only about 15 minutes.

I used to watch Command Zone.  They are entertaining, have good production quality, and good information.  But the 60+minute run time of every video is often way too long for me.  I still check in occasionally. 

I've seen a few episodes of Commander's Quarters.  I feel he doesn't always stick to his mission of building budget decks.

I like Jumbo Commander.  Whenever I'm looking for a deck tech video for a new deck, I look there first.

The channel I consume most would have to be Tolarian Community College.  I like his take on Magic news, as well as his product reviews.  I began buying Dragon Shield sleeves because of The Professor's recommendation.  I bought the Stanley tool box because of The Professor's recommendation.  I use EDHrec because of The Professor's recommendation.  And I use deckstats.net because of The Professor's recommendation.
Happy Brewing!
:)

Xaarvaxus

• Decks
« Antwort #16 am: Oktober 25, 2020, 09:58:01 Nachmittag »
  I began buying Dragon Shield sleeves because of The Professor's recommendation.

I also began buying Dragon Shield sleeves on his recommendation.  They haven't disappointed.  Like them much better than the UltraPro I had been using. 

Grins

• Decks
« Antwort #17 am: Oktober 26, 2020, 12:24:29 Vormittag »
I watch a bunch of them (mostly lore, news/discussion and gameplay)

Rhystic Studies
Spice8Rack
MTGRemy
Desolator Magic
The Magic Historian
Tolarian Community College
Pleasant Kenobi
Alpha Investment (insider info vids, try to avoid the rest. Also taco's)
Reid Duke
Jim Davis

I also used to watch some Command Zone but there is only so much shilling and them trying to sell cards they just bought a stack of I can stomach

When i build a deck i just go were up to date decks are, maybe read some decks techs. Youtube vids never have up to date decks anyway so i don't see why you would look there. The only youtube vids about decks i ever looked at was Legacy's Allure. He used to do talks about Legacy deck with good players.

OP: i don't know your opinions on youtube, but then again I'm not in the forums much. What is your problem with it?
« Letzte Änderung: Oktober 26, 2020, 01:15:45 Vormittag von Grins »

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Antwort #18 am: Oktober 26, 2020, 02:29:37 Nachmittag »
OP: i don't know your opinions on youtube, but then again I'm not in the forums much. What is your problem with it?

I don't like how the first 10% and the last 10% of every video is that annoying blurb about "like, subscribe, notifications, Patreon, check other videos". We don't need to hear that crap for every video, I know how to use YouTube. And yet, everyone that makes videos feels like wasting all that time to promote themselves.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Antwort #19 am: Oktober 26, 2020, 02:42:18 Nachmittag »
I agree with what a lot of people have said about the Command Zone. I watched their last episode and between their "commercials" and their pimping their Patreon and affiliate links, it seemed like that took 20 minutes of the show up.

edit- spelling is not my friend today
« Letzte Änderung: Oktober 26, 2020, 03:00:32 Nachmittag von WWolfe »
This space for rent.

Grins

• Decks
« Antwort #20 am: Oktober 26, 2020, 03:00:11 Nachmittag »

I don't like how the first 10% and the last 10% of every video is that annoying blurb about "like, subscribe, notifications, Patreon, check other videos". We don't need to hear that crap for every video, I know how to use YouTube. And yet, everyone that makes videos feels like wasting all that time to promote themselves.

Oh god yes! Also don't forget to share, leave a comment, use the affiliate link and buy my merch ;)
« Letzte Änderung: Oktober 26, 2020, 03:11:54 Nachmittag von Grins »

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Antwort #21 am: Oktober 26, 2020, 03:00:34 Nachmittag »
Yeah, I just skip through those parts of the show. I understand they're shilling, but you can't deny the quality of the show. The animations, the guests, all of it is TV quality to me. That's hard to find and probably more expensive than most other EDH gameplay channels.

Remember, this is these people's livelihood.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Antwort #22 am: Oktober 26, 2020, 03:04:21 Nachmittag »
Don't get me wrong, I love Game Knights & Extra Turns, but the Command Zone itself at this point to me just isn't that entertaining anymore. Their set reviews is probably the best things they do anymore.
This space for rent.