deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Aggiorna Sessione button and then try again.

Autore Topic: [Casual] Flying  (Letto 294 volte)

Ayline

• Decks
[Casual] Flying
« il: Novembre 10, 2020, 04:19:58 am »
Flying

Does this look any good?

Borg

• Decks
Re: [Casual] Flying
« Risposta #1 il: Novembre 10, 2020, 04:00:53 pm »
Since this deck is meant for casual play I'll not go into the strengths/weaknesses of the deck.

Purely based on the number of lands you have in your deck I'd suggest to cut all cards that cost 5 CMC and more except for Daybreak Chimera and Sephara, Sky's Blade as they have alternative casting costs.
With 20 land your 5+cmc cards are going to be sitting in your hand most of the time.

In a basic deck like this, (without tutors or ramp etc ), with 20 lands / 60 cards, you get on average 1 land for every 3 cards you draw.
That means, for example, you'll need on average 18 cards = 11 turns to get to 6 mana before you can play a Serra's Guardian.
A lot of games will be over by then.

To give your deck a better fighting chance, I suggest :

Up your land total to about 22
Add at least 6 1cc creatures
Round out with more 2cc creatures.

You'll notice your deck is more on curve and you'll be able to play more spells as opposed to having cards stuck in your hand.

As a general rule of thumb for beginner's deckbuilding start with this type of build :

- 24 land
- 12 1CC
- 12 2CC
-  8 3CC
-  4 4CC

Good luck.

Ayline

• Decks
« Risposta #2 il: Novembre 10, 2020, 04:36:17 pm »
https://deckstats.net/decks/165869/1810349-flying

Thank you for the information, does this look any better?

Borg

• Decks
« Risposta #3 il: Novembre 10, 2020, 05:16:39 pm »
That looks a lot better already.
Now play your deck a few games and you"ll find out which cards are good and which are not so hot.
The cards that tend to be stuck in your hand are the ones to replace with better options :)