deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tema: So what changes to your decks off the last few sets?  (Leído 1337 veces)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
So what changes to your decks off the last few sets?
« en: Marzo 08, 2021, 03:48:29 pm »
So what changes have you made to your decks off the last few sets?

Sidisi
Araumi of the Dead Tide- can be a nice graveyard recursion piece to be able to swing in for lethal, be it copying Craterhoof (which I've yet to do) or copying one of the lords
Egon, God of Death- haven't drawn or milled yet so unsure how it'll play
Narfi, Betrayer King- have luckily milled it every time and been able to play it from my graveyard, has worked out well
the three snow duals & switched out all my basics for snow-covered- has worked out well, haven't really slowed me down as of yet and are fetchable which is nice. Have helped me get Narfi out of the graveyard which has been nice

Purphoros
Multiple changes but have yet to draw any of them. Ugh. Granted, this was an update two plus years in the making since it was unretired, but it's still got some nice new toys.

Karador
The biggest edition has been adding K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth and some life gain. He has been a powerhouse in the deck so far.
This space for rent.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
Re: So what changes to your decks off the last few sets?
« Respuesta #1 en: Marzo 08, 2021, 04:17:53 pm »
Not quite sure what defines the last few sets (K'rrik was released...1.5 years ago? wtf?), but I'll just do stuff that I consider "recent".

Kumena: Basically tribal stuff. The U/G shapeshifter theme in KHM gave me a few additions & ZNR added Thieving Skydiver (which has overperformed whenever I've played it.

Meren: Malakir Rebirth // Malakir Mire has done so extremely well for me. It can win me the game by being a 1 mana Avenger of Zendikar or Gary trigger, can protect Meren from a lot of spot removal/board wipes, and it's just a land when I need it. Bala Ged Recovery // Bala Ged Sanctuary has also been obviously good.

Alesha: Skyclave Apparition has been an absolute house, and I think Wheel of Misfortune will be good, it's just best in-person, which I haven't done.

Ezuri: KHM's elves and shapeshifters have given me some better options (Elven Ambush is obnoxious, ngl), and Ashaya, Soul of the Wild is my new most consistent win condition.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Respuesta #2 en: Marzo 08, 2021, 04:21:38 pm »
K'rik was a recent addition, not so much from the last few sets though.
This space for rent.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Respuesta #3 en: Marzo 08, 2021, 04:40:50 pm »
My Kami bounce & group draw deck got two new foretell additions: Tales of the Ancestors and Spectral Deluge.

Spectral Deluge is self-explanatory, it just bounces things and it's one-sided so that's great.

Tales of the Ancestors is a bit of a different beast. So what ends up happening sometimes in a game is that I have 10-30 cards in hand but my opponents have only 7 before I get Anvil of Bogardan or Folio of Fancies out. This card lets me make them draw a ton of cards so they get up to speed with Iron Maiden. The other scenario is the inverse: I have Forced Fruition out and my opponents are drawing lots of cards but I'm stuck with a regular hand unable to protect my board and Tales of the Ancestors gets me up to speed with my opponents. Great card overall!

Still waiting for WotC to print more untappers.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Respuesta #4 en: Marzo 08, 2021, 05:00:10 pm »
Additions besides the pathways right?

I added Esior, Wardwing Familiar, Fierce Guardianship, and Miscast to Edric. Krenko got a Wheel of Misfortune, Jeweled Lotus, and Subira, Tulzidi Caravanner. Brudiclad got a Goldspan Dragon, Wheel of Misfortune, Mystic Reflection, and a Hullbreacher, because that card is super-powerful.

The most changes is in The Scarab God, where I included Court of Cunning, Eligeth, Crossroads Augur, Hullbreacher, Opposition Agent, Sphinx of the Second Sun, Tergrid, God of Fright, and Tyrite Sanctum.

Have I had a chance to test out these changes? Not really, which is a shame. Most of these inclusions are obvious changes, but there are a few of them (Sphinx of the Second Sun, Esior, Wardwing Familiar) where I'm not sure how good they are.

Asura

• Decks
« Respuesta #5 en: Marzo 08, 2021, 08:30:34 pm »
the last few sets bring so much fun for my decks, to beggining i'll speak of the Khaldheim hability lands, all my decks gain 1 or 2 of these lands, featured for Littjara Mirrorlake and port of karfell

so lets go on

Atraxa

this deck has the theme of infect, if you stretch the concept of few sets, I added creatures with mutation to the deck, to potentialize the creatures with infect and make the deck funnier, but the last addition was to put Fynn, the Fangbearer to help the commander put poison counters.

Edgar Markov

this buddy didn’t have much change, only the nighthawk scavenger and Drana, the Last Bloodchief, as well as other vampires from ixalan.

Lyesa

I had a Stax deck, and with the arrival of Khaldheim I wanted to make him an angel-based/lifegain Stax: weathered runestone, angel of destinyRighteous ValkyrieValkyrie HarbingerSpeaker of the HeavensCourt of GraceFirja's Retribution, were the acquisitions here

it is also worth saying that I built a Tergrid, god of Fright Discard Sac & Steal Group-Slug style

Lastly and most importantly

Kaalia of the Vast

my favorite deck was graced by angels and demons with  Akroma's Will, a powerfull protection/finisher and the demonic tutors Burning-Rune Demon and
 Varragoth, Bloodsky Sire.
"I need never remember my past associates, my victims, my mistakes. Innistrad preserves them all for me."
Sorin Markov

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Respuesta #6 en: Marzo 08, 2021, 11:15:04 pm »
So 2020 brought us Ikoria, Jump Start, Core Set 2021, Zendikar Rising, Commander Legends, and Kaldheim.  I'll stick primarily to those sets.

Atla Palani:  Swapped in quite a few new creatures.  Kodama of the East Tree; Kogla, the Titan Ape; Luminous Broodmoth; Quartzwood Crasher; Soul of Eternity; and Towering Titan.  Still only have 16 creatures.  I took out all the snow around Zendikar Rising.  But now with Kaldheim, I'm thinking about putting it back in.  That way, in addition to Mutavault, I can have Faceless Haven.  Both Eggs.  Also contemplating reworking for a Zirda, the Dawnbreaker companion.

The Mimeoplasm:  Many new toys here.  Gyruda, Doom of Depths; Maddening Cacophony; Ruin Crab; Opposition Agent; Rakshasa Debaser; Apex Devastator; and Titanoth Rex have all made the cut.  Also trying out the triome.  Got my Slime Time secret lair, so that version is now the leader of the deck.  Some of the others are in there too.  Also thinking about reworking this deck to be "slimy" tribal.  Thinking of Whelming Wave for this one.

Grenzo, Dungeon Warden: reworked this deck to have a mutate theme.  Not sure how well it will work.  Haven't been able to try it out yet.  Also trying out Jeweled Lotus and Leyline TyrantFeed the Swarm is here too.

Athreos, Shroud-Veiled: Added in Draugr Necromancer.  Upped the snow mana to help use it.

The Haunt of HightowerTinybones, Trinket Thief joined this deck.  Also put in Necrotic Hex (swapped out Hex).

Balan, Wandering Knight: Trying out Cosmos Elixir and War Room for some card draw.

Questing Beast:  This is a beast tribal deck.  Gemrazer and Curious Herd went here.

Kykar, Wind's Fury: Fierce Guardianship; Whrilwind of Thought; and Narset of the Ancient Way made the cut.

I have also buillt a Kathril, Aspect Warper deck as well as an Emiel the Blessed Unicorn tribal deck.
Happy Brewing!
:)

KingKia

• Decks
« Respuesta #7 en: Marzo 09, 2021, 12:02:13 pm »
With Kaldheim I could add some cards for my Markov deck this year :-D

Edgar Markov : Crippling Fear and Pact of the Serpent

Now I´m waiting for Innistrad Vampires

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Respuesta #9 en: Marzo 24, 2021, 09:26:35 pm »
I realise I'm a little bit late to the party on this thread, but I wanted to talk about Tevesh Szat, Doom of Fools so this seems like the right place.

I've fallen in love with Tevesh Szat, Doom of Fools.

I don't usually go in for Planeswalkers but I pulled a Tevesh out of a pack so thought I'd give it a go. Originally I partnered him with Ishai, Ojutai Dragonspeaker and built and esper proliferate deck, focusing on Tevesh's ultimate. Turns out, the ultimate is actually pretty underwhelming. I don't want to say it's bad because it's obviously a very powerful effect, but it's extremely fickle and how effective it is is hugely dependent on what your opponents are playing. I managed to ultimate Tevesh twice in one game and still lose. I mean, there is a strong chance that I just suck, but controlling other peoples commander for the sake of controlling other peoples commander isn't actually all that useful. People aren't idiots. They build decks with interaction and redundancies, so stealing their commander is usually just a minor setback rather than a game winning action.

Back to the drawing board then.

I have a pet deck that's just mono black "cards I like". It's not a good deck, but it makes me happy. I had been using Morinfen as the commander because Morinfen has, in my opinion, the best art out of all the mono black legends.

I decided to run it with Tevesh and Rograkh, just for fun, and boy are they a fun pair. That's when I came to an important realisation:

Tevesh Szat, Doom of Fools is the closest thing to Skullclamp that it's possible to have in your command zone.

If you just ignore the ultimate, Tevesh is an absolute blast. Just killing stuff, drawing cards, making thrulls. It's bliss.

Paired with Rograkh, he's incredible. You get to draw three cards the turn you play him.

Three.

And I can only assume the same person who designed Tevesh also designed Oko because his "sac to draw two" ticks him up, not down. Why is that an uptick? And he has partner? Card is fantastic. I still run it as basically mono black, but even just having Rograkh as partner means I get extra free cards and I can run rakdos signet and talisman of indulgence instead of some sub par 2 or 3 mana rocks you can often find yourself running in a budget mono colour edh deck. Might even stick a faithless looting in the deck as a treat.

If you made it all the way down here without getting bored by my ramblings, thanks for reading. If you like killing your own stuff for value, give Tevesh Szat a go. It's basically a skullclamp that you can always access and I love it.