deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Session aktualisieren button and then try again.

Autor Thema: What is "time shifted"?  (Gelesen 754 mal)

Tsivihcra

• Decks
What is "time shifted"?
« am: März 22, 2021, 12:31:35 Nachmittag »
I bought a box of Time Spiral Remastered at my LGS on Friday. I keep hearing people online talk about the "time shifted foils". I'm not sure what "time shifted" means. Also, i haven't opened the box yet, I'm waiting until my collection is fully cataloged first.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
Re: What is "time shifted"?
« Antwort #1 am: März 22, 2021, 12:37:01 Nachmittag »
"Time shifted" as far as I know refers to the old frame. These cards can appear as foils, too, meaning you get the old frame AND it's a foil.

So newer cards are printed with the old frame (left is the original, right one is the time shifted one):

Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

lackofzach

• Twitch
  • Decks
« Antwort #2 am: März 23, 2021, 02:04:43 Vormittag »
Furthermore, the foils have the "Shooting Star" that everyone knows and loves from the promos.  I wasn't around during Time Spiral, but it's a nice touch.

Also, at this rate, you may wanna keep that box sealed.  Could become a hot(ter) commodity here soon.

Tsivihcra

• Decks
« Antwort #3 am: März 23, 2021, 03:19:43 Vormittag »
Furthermore, the foils have the "Shooting Star" that everyone knows and loves from the promos.
Good info!
Zitat
Also, at this rate, you may wanna keep that box sealed.  Could become a hot(ter) commodity here soon.

Hmmmmmmm!

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Antwort #4 am: März 23, 2021, 12:50:38 Nachmittag »
I like the old border look on other cards. I pulled an etali and it is definately going to be switched from the Rivals of Ixalan into this Etali because of the old board look.
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Antwort #5 am: März 23, 2021, 01:30:11 Nachmittag »
I like the old border look on other cards. I pulled an etali and it is definately going to be switched from the Rivals of Ixalan into this Etali because of the old board look.

I am definitely nostalgic for the old border.  I started playing during Revised.  But I do prefer the new frames.  I find them easier to read.  The separate boxes for name, type, and power/toughness really help make them stand out.  Especially when your trying to read them upside-down from the other side of the table.
Happy Brewing!
:)

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Antwort #6 am: März 23, 2021, 02:43:56 Nachmittag »

I am definitely nostalgic for the old border.  I started playing during Revised.  But I do prefer the new frames.  I find them easier to read.  The separate boxes for name, type, and power/toughness really help make them stand out.  Especially when your trying to read them upside-down from the other side of the table.

I'm in complete agreement. My first exposure to MTG was as a kid, I went to my LGS to play some PokemonTCG and some of my brother's friends were in there playing Magic. It was around Onslaught block, so the nostalgia of the old border is a wonderful thing to me. I distinctly remember falling in love with Shepherd of Rot. Seeing the player activate it, knowing it hurt him too, but using it to his advantage, was awesome to me. I've been in love with black cards ever since.

When I first came back to magic as an adult, I barely even recognised it as the same game at first glance. It took me a few games to realise this was the same game I had casually played all those years before. The new frame is a vast improvement in terms of accessibility and function, but there is something about the old border that is just cool. I especially love brown artifacts (picked up all the old frame TSR artifact singles to go in my Karn, Silver Golem deck). I don't think they should ever go back to the old frame full time, especially as there people with certain visual impairments that say the old frame cards are unreadable to them, but this kind of thing every so often is wonderful.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Antwort #7 am: März 26, 2021, 05:08:34 Nachmittag »
The old border definitely brings back some fond memories. I really like how some of the newer cards look in the old borders.
This space for rent.