deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Auteur Sujet: MTG Showcase 2021 to announce 2022 set schedule  (Lu 2171 fois)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
This space for rent.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: MTG Showcase 2021 to announce 2022 set schedule
« Réponse #1 le: Juillet 30, 2021, 11:03:23 am »
That website is terrible. Here's the quote from the tweet.

Get ready for Magic's biggest announcement day yet! Tune in to the Magic Showcase 2021 event August 24th at 8am PT on http://twitch.tv/magic to learn about what's coming to tabletop, MTG Arena, and multiverses beyond in 2022.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Réponse #2 le: Juillet 30, 2021, 06:18:59 pm »
Yea I was at work and couldn’t pull the tweet up on my phone (Twitter is blocked on our WiFi).

Cant wait for this!
This space for rent.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Réponse #3 le: Août 24, 2021, 06:50:27 pm »
https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/what-happened-magic-showcase-2021-08-24

If you're just catching up—or want to skip to read about your favorite part—here's a rundown of the biggest moments from Magic Showcase 2021:

Secret Lair's Out of Time Superdrop is live now! Get the details and order now before the time stream takes it away.
Innistrad: Midnight Hunt and Innistrad: Crimson Vow arrive later this year, with the debut moment full of previews for Midnight Hunt coming on Thursday, September 2.
There's exciting Magic events and releases coming to game stores soon! Learn about Store Championships and Commander Party, as well as Innistrad: Double Feature, Pioneer Challenger Decks, and Commander Collection: Black to see what's coming to your local game store.
2022 will be a big year for Magic's major releases. Check out the first details about Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty, Streets of New Capenna, Dominaria United, and The Brothers' War.
But those four sets aren't all: Commander Legends: Battle for Baldur's Gate, Jumpstart 2022, Double Masters 2022, and Unfinity add even more Magic to enjoy next year.
Magic's Universes Beyond keeps expanding. See how Warhammer 40,000, Fortnite, and Street Fighter will arrive in 2022, with The Lord of the Rings: Tales of Middle-earth™ following in 2023.
MTG Arena drops one of its biggest updates this week with Jumpstart: Historic Horizons arriving on August 26. Here's what comes next for MTG Arena.
Get your TV ready. We also shared a sneak peek as Magic comes to Netflix next year.
« Modifié: Août 24, 2021, 06:55:08 pm par WWolfe »
This space for rent.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Réponse #4 le: Août 25, 2021, 02:26:55 pm »
https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/what-happened-magic-showcase-2021-08-24

If you're just catching up—or want to skip to read about your favorite part—here's a rundown of the biggest moments from Magic Showcase 2021:

Secret Lair's Out of Time Superdrop is live now! Get the details and order now before the time stream takes it away.
Innistrad: Midnight Hunt and Innistrad: Crimson Vow arrive later this year, with the debut moment full of previews for Midnight Hunt coming on Thursday, September 2.
There's exciting Magic events and releases coming to game stores soon! Learn about Store Championships and Commander Party, as well as Innistrad: Double Feature, Pioneer Challenger Decks, and Commander Collection: Black to see what's coming to your local game store.
2022 will be a big year for Magic's major releases. Check out the first details about Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty, Streets of New Capenna, Dominaria United, and The Brothers' War.
But those four sets aren't all: Commander Legends: Battle for Baldur's Gate, Jumpstart 2022, Double Masters 2022, and Unfinity add even more Magic to enjoy next year.
Magic's Universes Beyond keeps expanding. See how Warhammer 40,000, Fortnite, and Street Fighter will arrive in 2022, with The Lord of the Rings: Tales of Middle-earth™ following in 2023.
MTG Arena drops one of its biggest updates this week with Jumpstart: Historic Horizons arriving on August 26. Here's what comes next for MTG Arena.
Get your TV ready. We also shared a sneak peek as Magic comes to Netflix next year.
Ok but I'm already experiencing wallet fatigue (I literally just didn't buy any cards from the two most recent sets because I just couldn't bother), and they are supposedly releasing 8 sets (4 of which are standard-legal) + external IP Secret Lairs (oh boy Fortnite :P) next year?

I hope this game is still going strong this time next year, I truly do, but I can't see how a lot of players like me keep up their level of engagement with such an onslaught of product. It's kind of ridiculous and unsustainable, imo.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Réponse #5 le: Août 25, 2021, 06:00:12 pm »
I'm pretty much in the same spot as you WizardSpartan.

I have went from someone that had to have a playset of every card to someone that bought only a booster box or two of each set while preordering the "hot cards" and traded for the rest to someone who now only buys singles of the cards that slide immediately into decks. Some of this is because of other factors than wallet fatigue but a lot of it is due to just becoming too much to try to keep up with having all the cards like I use to feel I needed to.

ETA- I guess we'll see how much of the new sets I buy. I'm not sure I see many of the cards from these themes fitting into my current decks though maybe I'll be surprised or they'll release a commander that piques my interest (which they haven't done in the last few sets). Kamigawa wasn't a set that really grabbed my attention last time we went there outside of the Ninjutsu mechanic. 

The new Innistrad sets (which we already knew of before the Showcase) could have quite a few cards that interest me with it being my favorite plane so I can totally see this being a set that kills my wallet. Especially if one of the Commander decks is zombie tribal as it seems to appear it will be.
« Modifié: Août 26, 2021, 02:17:51 pm par WWolfe »
This space for rent.

jlutzxinc

• Decks
« Réponse #6 le: Août 25, 2021, 07:24:26 pm »
It sounds like these new Secret Lairs will have "normal" versions available in The List V2, and I certainly hope so.

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Réponse #7 le: Août 25, 2021, 11:20:57 pm »
I recently decided to sell my collection, and the new announcement actually made me feel better about the decision. Magic just doesn't feel the same anymore, to me at least. Too many pushed cards, too much stress on value, too many random cash grabs.

I didn't even check the last few sets for new elves.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Réponse #8 le: Août 26, 2021, 12:37:11 am »
I recently decided to sell my collection, and the new announcement actually made me feel better about the decision. Magic just doesn't feel the same anymore, to me at least. Too many pushed cards, too much stress on value, too many random cash grabs.

Does that include your EDH decks, or just singles you aren't using? If it's everything, do you plan to play magic in any capacity?

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Réponse #9 le: Août 26, 2021, 05:45:40 am »
@WizardSpartan I'm gutting my decks for the expensive cards and listing them on tcgplayer. I'll probably keep the cheaper ones and play some casual with my fiancee, but I've mostly lost interest in finding games with others and deck building.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Réponse #10 le: Août 26, 2021, 07:15:45 am »

Oh wow. I got rid of a lot of my extra bulk a few months ago and have been debating downsizing even more. I’m thinking down to just my trade binders and decks. I use to feel the need to have a play set of every card ever printed but I just don’t feel that anymore.

edit- spelling is not my friend
« Modifié: Août 26, 2021, 01:53:34 pm par WWolfe »
This space for rent.

paulusdeboself

• Decks
« Réponse #11 le: Août 26, 2021, 10:47:13 am »
I am also a little tired of constant stream of releases, special products, 6 different versions of a card and such. Friends I have been playing with for years and that did buy quite a lot and was collecting sets have stopped doing that.

We still like the game a lot, but not the effort to keep up! There is to much stuff to know everything that has been released.  And it's becoming too expensive as well, even if you just buy a few cards from every set like I used to do. For now it's buying a box of standard set once in a while to draft with, but that could stop. We all have cards enough to keep building (commander) decks for years and have something new once in a while. And if you get a commander deck once a year for Christmas or something there are even new cards or decks to play against each other.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Réponse #12 le: Août 26, 2021, 12:41:30 pm »
Thing Wotc has to remember is oversaturation. It happened in the sports card market where it is oversaturated and card prices took a major tumble. Granted Wotc is the only company printing magic cards but oversaturation is a real thing. People will start buying less and less of the product because there is too much to look at and buy. Even some of the ones who posted on here are thinking the same thing for there is to much product. As the saying goes "To much of a good thing is also a bad thing".
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Réponse #13 le: Août 26, 2021, 02:51:45 pm »

Oh wow. I got rid of a lot of my extra bulk a few months ago and have been debating downsizing even more. I’m thinking down to just my trade binders and decks. I use to feel the need to have a play set of every card ever printed but I just don’t feel that anymore.
I guess I'm lucky in that my collection is very small as a relatively new player (I don't really buy many boosters, most of my money has gone into singles for my decks).

It's really unfortunate to see more established players being exhausted by the onslaught of product, but I can't even imagine how exhausted you all must feel, considering I am much less established and still don't feel like buying anything recently.

I don't know what the turning point for me was, though. It was like a light switch. I went from excited to see new spoilers to barely paying attention to AFR and MH2. I mean, they printed Circle of Dreams Druid, which is, like, exactly what I want for Ezuri, but I feel nothing about it.

We still like the game a lot, but not the effort to keep up!
That's a great way to put it for me. I still love playing Magic with friends, but purchasing cards? Not so much.

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Réponse #14 le: Août 26, 2021, 03:17:39 pm »
Circle of Dreams Druid was probably when I realized, actually. I've been waiting years for a Magus of the Cradle, but they finally printed one and I couldn't care less. I've just gotten tired of the "specifically made to be good in EDH cards" like the goodstuff commanders. Not to mention WotC pushing crossovers hard, like anyone wants a Ryu or Chun Li commander deck.

I even LOVE Street Fighter. I'm ranked super diamond in SFV, which is much higher than the majority of players ever get, and that sounds stupid.

Anyway, I'm not trying to tell anyone else not to enjoy magic. I just realized I'd rather have several thousand dollars than a bunch of cardboard I don't even play with anymore.