deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: How does this work?  (Read 687 times)

acedabeast

• Decks
How does this work?
« on: November 01, 2021, 07:17:26 pm »
So lets say I have a lich's mirror on the battlefield and someone does demonic consultation and thoricle combo, what happens do they win the game or what? Do Me and the person stay in the game and the other two players lose the game? This is in commander

« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 07:19:10 pm by acedabeast »

Landale

• Decks
Re: How does this work?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2021, 07:59:21 pm »
They'll win.
From rulings listed on Scryfall, since Gatherer seems to be blank for it now. "Lich’s Mirror has no effect if a spell or ability (such as the one from Helix Pinnacle) states that a player “wins the game.” If a player wins the game, the game ends immediately. "

acedabeast

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2021, 09:10:13 pm »
Then shouldn't they change the wording of how the card works? because I would simply assume that I would still be in the game since it says that if I were to lose the game I start over basically

Landale

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2021, 09:27:30 pm »
You didn't lose, they won and the game ended. The game can end without anyone actually losing, as well as without anyone actually winning for that matter.
All the mirror does is prevent you from suffering losing, and in some cases it can't even successfully do that for long. It does nothing about someone being declared the winner, which simply ends the game right there. If you want to shut down both failure and victory conditions you need Platinum Angel.

acedabeast

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2021, 09:47:38 pm »
Ah okay that makes sense

The Golgari Guy

• Deck optimization never ends
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2021, 11:05:26 pm »
You could stop them with Platinum Angel though  ;)
Golgari is life. And death.