deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Aggiorna Sessione button and then try again.

Autore Topic: Tovolar, Dire Overlord - The Howlpack - Comments  (Letto 523 volte)

Comment Bot

• Visitatore

KingKia

• Decks
Re: Tovolar, Dire Overlord - The Howlpack - Comments
« Risposta #1 il: Febbraio 27, 2022, 05:22:43 pm »
Hi SMFrenzel,
maybe I can help you here.

To use the Daybound ability of the Howlpack Piper, The Celestus MUST be on the battlefield. Otherwise you won't be able to use it.

This is not correct.
Tovolar will only turn night in upkeep if you have at least 3 werewolfves or wolves.
If you have for example Tovolar and the Howlpack on the field, you can use her twice to bring in Ulrich and something else into the game.
This way you have two new creatures without casting anything at all, which means it will turn night the next upkeep and you can flip all werewolves and let ulrich fight another creature (if no one else played something in your turn, because old werewolves want transform then).

Also if you only have the howlpack on the battlefield you can use her as a elvish piper which is pretty nice because you are not casting the creatures.

And as the old Werwolves didn't receive an errata, they do not react to Tovolar, Dire Overlord ....

As I find these cards in nearly every Tovolar deck: Am I wrong, or why are they used ?

Tovolar miracle text:
24.09.2021    The second ability of Tovolar, Dire Overlord seems a little strange because Tovolar and other Human Werewolf creatures in this set transform when it becomes night anyway. Tovolar, however, isn't content to transform Werewolf creatures from just one set. This ability will allow you to transform Human Werewolf creatures from previous visits to Innistrad as well.

See: https://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=535043

Important part is ...Then transform any number of Human werewolves you control. This is for your old werewolves.

I hope I could help you with this informations.

SMFrenzel

• (primary) chaos and THG builded decks
  • Decks
Re: Tovolar, Dire Overlord - The Howlpack - Comments
« Risposta #2 il: Febbraio 27, 2022, 08:26:32 pm »
This is not correct.
Tovolar will only turn night in upkeep if you have at least 3 werewolfves or wolves.
You are right :) But with such a deck (and some Token synergies in mine) I calculate definitely with more than 3 creatures ;)

Tovolar miracle text:
24.09.2021    The second ability of Tovolar, Dire Overlord seems a little strange because Tovolar and other Human Werewolf creatures in this set transform when it becomes night anyway. Tovolar, however, isn't content to transform Werewolf creatures from just one set. This ability will allow you to transform Human Werewolf creatures from previous visits to Innistrad as well.

See: https://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=535043

Important part is ...Then transform any number of Human werewolves you control. This is for your old werewolves.

I hope I could help you with this informations.

Damn, I was sure to read something other.... but can't find it anymore  :o
Maybe this was only from The Celestus ... And so I did not recognize the last part at Tovolar.
Thanks a lot !

But now I have to refine my deck again  ;)