deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Aggiorna Sessione button and then try again.

Autore Topic: What are some of everyone's staple commander cards for almost all decks?  (Letto 2659 volte)

anjinsan

• Decks
Re: What are some of everyone's staple commander cards for almost all decks?
« Risposta #15 il: Giugno 30, 2022, 10:32:40 pm »
I was going to make it look up the commander, get the colour identity from there, make decisions based on things like the creature type, P/T, etc, probably just pull things from EDHRec, and in fact just build the whole deck for you. :) But that seemed like effort.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Risposta #16 il: Luglio 10, 2022, 02:36:11 pm »
Outside of lands, Sol Ring, and Arcane Signet, I try not to have a lot of overlaps in my decks (which can be a little challenging with 3 zombie decks). Most of the overlap I have is in removal spells (Cyclonic Rift, Assassin's Trophy, etc.).
This space for rent.

MajordomoTom

• Decks
« Risposta #17 il: Luglio 17, 2022, 10:01:59 pm »
My staple card is Zur the Enchanter.

Seriously, Sol Ring and the shock lands and not much else.

Akira Foxmind

• Patron
  • Always pressing F5 in hope for anything to happen.
  • Decks
« Risposta #18 il: Luglio 18, 2022, 06:41:31 am »
I often catch myself putting Ashes to Ashes and Volcanic Salvo in my Decks. It seems I do to like removal spells that trade 2for1.
'Trigger happy little kitten.
---------
Chaos Control!
---------
Far over the misty mountains cold
To dungeons deep and caverns old
---------
Of course I'm sure I've gone mad. The little man who crawled out of my eye was quite clear on this.

stuffnsuch

• Decks
« Risposta #19 il: Agosto 29, 2022, 10:10:39 pm »
When I saw this topic, I was hoping for a more creative discussion.  We all know Sol Ring and Dockside and Kodama's Reach and Smothering Tithe and Cyclonic Rift are staples.  I don't think anyone's going to be surprised by seeing a Teferi's Protection or a Rhystic Studies. I'm curious to hear what your off the beaten path staples are.  Are you always quick to add a Verity Circle in any blue deck?  Do still find it worth it to run Gray Merchant of Asphodel even when you're in two or three colors?  Is Eerie Interlude your all time favorite protection spell?  I'd love to hear more of what everyone really thinks of a staple besides just the popular classics.

By the way, of those cards I listed so far, Verity Circle is probably the one I love the most.  Some other great staples for me personally, that I believe are off the beaten path, are Martyr's Cause, Spawning Pit, Guardian Project, Wash Out, Fertile Ground, Soul Barrier, Shielded by Faith... though, I do agree that just running a bunch of staples isn't my idea of playing commander.  I really like to go far, too far generally, into my deck's themes and synergies, often to the point of deoptomizing them, but that's what Magic's all about, right, having fun doing cool, interesting, powerful, or just unexpected things.

UrizenII

• Decks
« Risposta #20 il: Settembre 15, 2022, 06:53:44 pm »
...Does anyone else have the sudden impulse to make a Deckstats GitHub to see if we can make the best automated deck templating script?
If I could actually remember how to use GitHub or knew (using that word lightly) anything other than C++/Java. When you have a CSci degree and then don't actually use anything you learned in school for nearly 4 years... lol.  Oddly enough, there was very little coursework I did that used Python.  Academia doesn't seem to particularly like Python for some reason.

As far as answering the actual question at hand, I tend to run Arcane Lighthouse in almost every deck (and Detection Tower if targeted spells are a focus of the deck).  I can only remember one instance where I actually got it into play and was able to use the ability, but it was pretty clutch.  Having a way to deal with untargetable, bothersome creatures without needing to wipe the board is quite useful.  I also like Coalition Relic as a mana rock in 3+ color decks.  I think it's underrated and frankly find it to be far better than Commander's Sphere.