deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Aggiorna Sessione button and then try again.

Autore Topic: Serialized cards from a collector/investor's perspective  (Letto 359 volte)

EMaxxi

• Decks
Serialized cards from a collector/investor's perspective
« il: Agosto 25, 2023, 06:26:45 pm »
Hi all,

recently I had a discussion with other people on the never-ending topic of cards as game pieces that (almost) everyone should afford vs cards as "stock" that should retain value over time (or even go up).

I pointed out that serialized cards would make a good """investment""" (with many quotes) for the obvious reason that by design they have a very limited supply, and scarcity = value. But the person I was talking with said that serialized cards have been a flop and collectors don't want them.

I wanted to ask what is the general consensus on this topic because to me serialization sounded like a good idea.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Re: Serialized cards from a collector/investor's perspective
« Risposta #1 il: Agosto 26, 2023, 06:03:25 pm »
I could care less about the serialized cards. They just don't interest me. Out of the 9 people in my regular playgroup only one bothers looking for them. I buy singles and don't crack packs so maybe that's a little bit why.
This space for rent.

fire5167

• Decks
Re: Serialized cards from a collector/investor's perspective
« Risposta #2 il: Agosto 27, 2023, 05:43:34 pm »
I don’t know about what the general consensus is, (maybe you could make a survey or something? There is a way of doing that on the forums but idk how) but I can give you my opinion for what its worth.

I am one of those folks who thinks playable cards should be cheap and doesn’t care about anything else. So I guess if serialized cards gives the whales something to buy that isn’t playable cards, then my singles prices stay low. So I suppose I am in favor of serialized cards.