deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Aggiorna Sessione button and then try again.

Autore Topic: Building a new deck, and want some opinions  (Letto 329 volte)

MarinatedGamer

• Decks
Building a new deck, and want some opinions
« il: Ottobre 03, 2023, 04:56:11 pm »
I have a concept for a new deck, and want to see what kind of mayhem everyone could suggest!

https://deckstats.net/decks/205638/3230424-esper-super-villains

Firestone

• Decks
Re: Building a new deck, and want some opinions
« Risposta #1 il: Ottobre 03, 2023, 11:29:03 pm »
It's not typically the brew I would go for, so my expertise is limited, but here I go:
2 things stood out to me:
- Please note that Propaganda and Ghostly Prison don't protect your PWs.
- Cabal Coffers is pretty heavily reliant on Urborg being in play to do anything. Putting it in there is a lot braver than I would be.

MarinatedGamer

• Decks
« Risposta #2 il: Ottobre 04, 2023, 02:40:21 am »
In that case, I will replace them with death pits of rath and caltrops 😅

Firestone

• Decks
« Risposta #3 il: Ottobre 04, 2023, 12:44:25 pm »
That's a convenient combination!
Keep in mind that both of these effects can be a little underwhelming on their own merit.
I would either make sure I would be able to find both, or substitute them with something else.

For tutoring purposes: Caltrops can be found by Trophy Mage! (just like other convenient items in your list like Rings of Brighthearth, Chromatic Lantern and The Peregrine Dynamo). I would consider that inclusion.

As food for thought I'd like to share my experience that it's a lot more fun to be proactive than to build yourself a pillowfort.
I like to pressure my opponents with a bit of board presence, even if it's just a bunch of 2/2s.
If you look for options that replace themselves upon casting (ETB: get a card - like Trophy Mage / Knight of the White Orchid, or ETB: remove target .. - like Skyclave Apparition or something), or alternatively double up on defence with Vigilance or something.
Actually, looking at your list, you're not ramping a great deal. Knight of the White Orchid, Loyal War Hound, Space Marine Scout and Scouting Hawk will all be likely to contribute to your board while progressing your long-term game plan.

In my view, sitting behind a board of permanents usually contributes to a more enjoyable kitchen table experience.
I'm aware this may not be true for you, so feel free to disregard this view. ;)