deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Session aktualisieren button and then try again.

Autor Thema: Changing K&T's win-con  (Gelesen 545 mal)

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Changing K&T's win-con
« am: Dezember 23, 2023, 03:50:35 Nachmittag »
For the new year, I've decided that I want to switch up the way my Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis deck wins games.

https://deckstats.net/decks/82803/2372679-kynaios-and-tiro-specific-hug

This deck's strategy is "specific hug". I give ramp and card draw to whichever player is falling behind in the game. While this happens, I am also gaining ramp and card draw. Then I try to win by setting up my own combo, which is something with Kiki-jiki, Mirror Breaker or Rionya, Fire Dancer.

The problem is that this win is too powerful for most players. This year I player 11 games with K&T, with a win rate of 72.7% and wins on average turn 7.00 and the fastest win at turn 4. I'm not sure why this deck is doing so well, but it is, and I want to change it.

So I'm going to cut out the combo pieces, the tutors, and most of the protection spells. This leaves me with about 17 empty slots for me to try and include a new win condition. And this is where I need the help of other Deckstatisticians. What non-combo wincon can I include in K&T that would work in a hug deck?

I've considered combat damage, but those 17 cards would have to be something impressive. Voltron with an effect that causes creatures to deal damage with their toughness would be funny (K&T is a 2/8) but not practical. I've also considered Insurrection type cards to end the game once everyone else's boardstate is built-up.

Does anyone have any suggestions at all?

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
Re: Changing K&T's win-con
« Antwort #1 am: Dezember 23, 2023, 09:29:29 Nachmittag »
Since it is a type of hug deck how about using repercussion. Give out token creatures to your opponents like alliance of arms, akroan horse, and other things. Use something like Benevolent Offering and after such generosity of gaining life and then burn their creatures damaging them. Make sure somehow you have enough life to be ahead as you watch your opponents die by just damaging creatures
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

Fuzzy2Wasy

• Decks
« Antwort #2 am: Dezember 24, 2023, 03:44:15 Vormittag »
Approach of the Second Sun seems like a pretty decent chance to pull off if you're drawing a lot of cards

AlltheTokens

• Decks
« Antwort #3 am: Dezember 29, 2023, 06:47:11 Vormittag »
You could go for one of the weird wincons like Helix Pinnacle, Halo Fountain, or The Millennium Calendar.

Edit: ooo Triskaidekaphile is a fun one too.
« Letzte Änderung: Dezember 29, 2023, 06:50:22 Vormittag von AlltheTokens »