deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tema: GW Casual Decklist - Suggestions?  (Leído 27614 veces)

OceanSky

• A casual MTG player
  • Decks
Re: Green-White - Comments
« Respuesta #45 en: Abril 19, 2016, 03:53:19 am »
How does forum karma work? And how does the ranking thing work?

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: GW Casual Decklist - Suggestions?
« Respuesta #46 en: Abril 19, 2016, 04:00:18 am »
    Not really, often times people just drop a land and that's their turn one. It depends n how you want to build the deck. Some aggro decks have low drops that get strong, some mid-ranged/control decks save up and keep their mana open for counter plays. As far as game lengths go that's a tricky question in itself. Reason being, different deck styles means different match ups. I usually go to set release events and when we have our matches the FIRST game usually lasts 30-40 minutes (the entire matches are 50 minutes). I play all types of decks but the style and way I play is usually mid-ranged to aggro. Because of this I manipulate the play style and mechanics of sets and LENGTHEN the duels on purpose. By doing so I can see what's in your deck, how YOU play and what to do against similar decks in the future should I come across them. For the sake of answering the question I'll say between 10-20 rounds (back in forth between players). If it goes on longer than that then either someone is a control player, the game itself is at a stand still or no one is getting good hands. That's the honest truth on that one.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Respuesta #47 en: Abril 19, 2016, 04:04:03 am »
     The ranking system works based off of how many posts you've made/replied to since you've been on the site. If you go to the MEMBERS tab you'll see the different types of forum members (New, Jr., Sr., etc). Since I've already hit 500+ post I'm a registered HERO member. You can look these up by just adjusting the column headers on the members page. The Karma I'd have to get back to you on that one. I'm not really sure what its used for. 

OceanSky

• A casual MTG player
  • Decks
« Respuesta #48 en: Abril 19, 2016, 04:21:18 pm »
My mana curve doesn't quite look like a hand anymore, but oh well.

OceanSky

• A casual MTG player
  • Decks
« Respuesta #49 en: Abril 19, 2016, 04:21:45 pm »
What happens when two controls players play?

G. Moto

• Decks
« Respuesta #50 en: Abril 19, 2016, 04:23:50 pm »
  Two control players equals one LOOONG game. The winner is usually the one who either can outlast the other person or who can play a better end game.

OceanSky

• A casual MTG player
  • Decks
« Respuesta #51 en: Abril 19, 2016, 04:30:55 pm »
Any last revisions to the deck? The idea is that each card should be strong on its own, and at the same time have a nice combo pair with at least 2 or 3 other cards.

Also, I have always had a serious problem with control decks. I could beat any other type, but when it comes to control decks, how do I beat them. I don't want to use cards like Blue Hate cards. I don't like hate cards. I had a RG deck and one of my friends had a pure mono-white green hating deck. After a while, I didn't like playing with that person. So I don't like color hate cards. I mean strategically, how do I beat control?

G. Moto

• Decks
« Respuesta #52 en: Abril 19, 2016, 05:03:13 pm »
 There's a few ways to go about it:

1) Bait them into countering your cheap stuff and save your high cost, high value and strategy needed cards for after they run out of steam. This way you make the plays that you need without them interfering TOO much in your game plan.

2) Beat them down as soon, as often and as much as possible. They can't stop what they can't catch so if you move faster than they can react then you've pretty much stolen the game.

3) Force them to exhaust their resources. If they have to start discarding because you're not doing anything then you're basically depleting what they can use against you. The big downside is that you don't want to give them too much space to play otherwise they'll make the board state into a field of landmines.

4) DON'T play Blue hate, just design decks around that and use the loopholes to your advantages. For example, if you know that they have a lot of cancels and your creatures usually get sent to the graveyard, build a Golgari scavenge deck (B/G) where their effects activate in the graveyard anyway. Or play a deck that has black and force them to mill or discard.

5) This is the most important advice that I can give you....NEVER give up. Control only lasts for as long as they have the steam and resources to lock down the field, but the stamina of the other players is also a factor as well. I've played against control decks where the other person is like "why haven't you given up yet?" Reason being, you never give up as long as you have a single card to play. Every bad or even bleak situation has a way out, sometimes just showing the person that you're not going to give up is enough to unnerve them or even make THEM want to give up because they know either the match isn't going anywhere or that you're just rock solid player.

Whether you're playing Aggro, Mid-ranged or even control, keep these things in mind. 

OceanSky

• A casual MTG player
  • Decks
« Respuesta #53 en: Abril 19, 2016, 05:58:52 pm »
so like Altar of the Brood could be good again control? It forces discarding cards. and with Profane memento I gain life if they discarded a creature.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Respuesta #54 en: Abril 19, 2016, 06:38:53 pm »
  Yes exactly. Also the card says whenever a PERMANENT enters the field, so just by playing lands you can make them mill a card. If you play a token deck then every time a zombie token (for example) enters the field they'll lose a card every time. This card works great with graveyard recursion decks, token producers, and any deck that make you have a lot of board presence.

OceanSky

• A casual MTG player
  • Decks
« Respuesta #55 en: Abril 19, 2016, 09:06:40 pm »
Mid-range decks are generally well-rounded decks, compared to aggro or control, right? This deck is supposed to be a midrange deck. Does it look like one? Earlier some people thought it was an aggro.

OceanSky

• A casual MTG player
  • Decks
« Respuesta #56 en: Abril 19, 2016, 09:10:58 pm »
Control decks usually have massive creatures for the late game, aggro decks usually have tiny creatures that are mana-cost effective. I'm kinda in between. I have cards like Fleecemane Lion that are quite cost effective, but I have some late game cards like Kalonian Hydra and Felidar Sovereign for high casting costs. That's why I think I have  a midrange. But does it really look like an aggro? Not that I hate aggro. I played a green-red aggro before.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Respuesta #57 en: Abril 19, 2016, 09:36:31 pm »
  IF your deck is in between [small/big and fast+strong] and [many and slow+controlling] then you're most likely playing a mid ranged deck. If you can do a little bit of both then you're definitely using a mid-ranged deck. The reason why mid-ranged decks work so well is because they are well rounded and are flexible enough to cope with whatever you play against.

OceanSky

• A casual MTG player
  • Decks
« Respuesta #58 en: Abril 19, 2016, 09:54:29 pm »
I used the sample hand tool again... I'm only getting good hands about 50% of the time. (I mean at least one 2-drop creature and 2 lands) Is that normal for a deck?

G. Moto

• Decks
« Respuesta #59 en: Abril 19, 2016, 10:09:00 pm »
  Sure it is, a deck is random but it also depends on how well you shuffle it in real life as well. No one is going to get a perfect hand EVERY game. But if you're not getting good hands more than you should (rather more than 65% of the time) then maybe you should adjust the deck ratio a bit or add/remove cards from your deck.