deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Aggiorna Sessione button and then try again.

Autore Topic: Opinion on my first deck  (Letto 7243 volte)

Darilack

• Decks
Re: Opinion on my first deck
« Risposta #30 il: Giugno 16, 2016, 03:18:33 am »
http://deckstats.net/decks/64354/481526-budget-aggro

I changed a lot of things to get a preview of what it's going to be like.

My main strategy is to use Flesh // Blood on the Outland Colossus to get the 12/12 counters faster.

Philippe Saner

• Decks
« Risposta #31 il: Giugno 16, 2016, 09:47:19 am »
Unfortunately, Renown only triggers on combat damage. Still a decent combo, though: 12 damage to the head is a great finisher.

Anyway, I like what you've done with the deck. 1-drop slot seems a little thin, but I assume that'll change if and when you get ahold of the cards on your wishlist.

When you're looking for stuff to cut, I suggest starting with the expensive creatures. Aggro usually wants a low curve, and you're not playing very many lands. Outland Colossus is probably the best of the bunch; the others aren't garbage, but they're something you can afford to lose when you're making room for other cards.

Darilack

• Decks
« Risposta #32 il: Giugno 17, 2016, 01:33:58 am »
I'm thinking of changing    Soul of Zendikar for Hydra Broodmaster (i think it'll go really well on the deck along with the Flesh // Blood )

Yeah, my wishlist is still poor in 1 drops, mostly because i can't decide on which of the greater ones i need to take off, and because i can't choose good 1-drops at all :P

ladof

• Decks
« Risposta #33 il: Giugno 17, 2016, 02:48:48 am »
I'd consider dumping the Alpine Grizzly for Kird Ape. A 4/2 for three really isn't all that spectacular, but you can (conceivably) get a 2/3 for 1 by the time it attacks on turn 2.
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Darilack

• Decks
« Risposta #34 il: Giugno 19, 2016, 01:47:48 pm »
http://deckstats.net/decks/64354/481526-budget-aggro

I'll give a quick list of things i've changed and WHY i did so

-I added Madcap Skills to combo with Outland Colossus and Flesh // Blood so now he's literally a unstoppable beast.
-A friend gave me Elvish Mystic and for a 1mana creature, it really works out pretty well even on the late game (because of Hydra Broodmaster and Nemesis of Mortals)
- Kird Ape and Flinthoof Boar are literally obvious choices, and they're even cheaper now that Eternal Masters is out, so i couldn't let them out.
-Sadly i don't know any hexproof enchantments, so i got to use Wildwood Rebirth to get my creatures back from graveyard.

And maybe the most important of the deck: Hydra Broodmaster this creature is really good combined with Flesh // Blood , A 7/7 for 6 mana is already a somewhat cool thing, but it has Monstrosity X (and let's be honest, if i need 6 mana to cast it, he'll be a minimal of 13/13 by the time it can attack), and EVEN BETTER, if i use Monstruosity 3 and X6 for instance, he'll cast 6 6/6 Hydra Tokens, dominating the battlefield with one shot. This card is seriously amazing.

If you guys know any hexproof green or red or gruul that i can use, it will be of big help :P That's it, thanks for the support yet again.
« Ultima modifica: Giugno 19, 2016, 02:16:48 pm da Darilack »

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Risposta #35 il: Giugno 19, 2016, 04:46:48 pm »
  Good changes. Also here are some hexproof Gruul Cards you can use: Alpha authority, archetype of endurance, conifer strider, gladecover scout, oak street innkeeper, plated crusher, primal huntbeast, ranger's guile, sacred wolf, witchstalker are all good choices i'd recommend.

Darilack

• Decks
« Risposta #36 il: Giugno 19, 2016, 06:00:01 pm »
These are great cards, and i'll be sure to look them up. For now Alpha Authority will work best with my strategy.

I've added more Elvish Mystic and Mugging into the deck.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Risposta #37 il: Giugno 19, 2016, 06:01:07 pm »
  Mugging is my favorite :)

Jabilac

• Decks
« Risposta #38 il: Giugno 19, 2016, 08:35:23 pm »
Have you considered adding 2-3 Rancor? Also Managorger Hydra protected by Alpha Authority can grow to some crazy numbers. If you want to pursue the counter route you might consider Hardened Scales and maybe a Protean Hydra or two.

Darilack

• Decks
« Risposta #39 il: Luglio 15, 2016, 08:12:09 pm »
What would work for a Sideboard?

Shznt84

• Decks
« Risposta #40 il: Luglio 16, 2016, 03:11:15 am »
If you are going for the go big and swing hard type of route you may want to add Soul's Fire.  You get to swing with the instant (potentially the same turn you bring out the big guns) and swing again when attacking.  Archetype of Aggression is also not a bad idea to have on a sideboard if you are playing against someone with a lot of little guys that keep blocking your way.  Burning Anger is a late game ender, but in a couple of rounds it can take one of your big creatures and just snipe away.

Good luck!

Darilack

• Decks
« Risposta #41 il: Luglio 16, 2016, 12:18:55 pm »
Thanks for the tips! I'm already using  Flesh // Blood in my mainboard, but i'll be sure to add them in my sideboard :)

Darilack

• Decks
« Risposta #42 il: Luglio 16, 2016, 12:22:23 pm »
And what about cards that play well against other colors?

G. Moto

• Decks
« Risposta #43 il: Luglio 16, 2016, 02:25:07 pm »
   It depends on the color you want to go against. If you r deck is R/G aggro then you'll want some hexproof to protect yourself from the BLUE. Black has that heavy destruction and White either pacifies or protects itself. Trample and a way to get around the kill spells will help your deck.

Darilack

• Decks
« Risposta #44 il: Agosto 12, 2016, 01:36:42 am »
I'm back again! My deck is doing great in my local store, and the Alpha Authority + Madcap Skills unblockeable combo won me more games than i could count.

I'm thinking of spending more money on cards that can really improve what i've been doing. So, i just bought 2x Domri Rade and 2x Xenagos for that matter.

I'm thinking of adding:
Atarka's Command
Hunter's Insight

And it's about time to make a good sideboard, so cards like Mistcutter Hydra would be optimal.

What are your thoughts? As always, thanks!