deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Aggiorna Sessione button and then try again.

Autore Topic: Arcane signet vs felwar stone  (Letto 2112 volte)

Varatius

• Decks
Arcane signet vs felwar stone
« il: Luglio 23, 2019, 06:42:40 pm »
Out of curiosity how many commander players will replace Feldwar stone with arcane signet when it gets released.

Soren841

• Decks
Re: Arcane signet vs felwar stone
« Risposta #1 il: Luglio 23, 2019, 06:43:04 pm »
Every single one? It's strictly better
Nils is the God I worship

Marshstepper78

• Decks
« Risposta #2 il: Luglio 23, 2019, 07:15:47 pm »
Arcane Signet is 100% better than Fellwar Stone. The fact that we now have Talismans for every colour combination - thanks to Modern Horizons - has also diminished Fellwar Stone's importance in EDH.

Personally, I feel as if Fellwar Stone doesn't have a place in decks with 3 or less colours anymore.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Risposta #3 il: Luglio 23, 2019, 07:17:31 pm »
While Arcane Signet is better, it's not replacing Fellwar Stone. Decks will just be using both. Fellwar Stone works wonders in any deck with 2 or more colors.

Soren841

• Decks
« Risposta #4 il: Luglio 23, 2019, 07:36:18 pm »
Fellwar Stone isn't meta anymore Morg! We got the rest of the Talisman cycle and mana dorks are taking over :D
Nils is the God I worship

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Risposta #5 il: Luglio 23, 2019, 08:30:22 pm »
I like Arcane Signet much better than I do Fellwar Stone.
« Ultima modifica: Luglio 23, 2019, 08:35:45 pm da WWolfe »
This space for rent.

MonteTribal

• Decks
« Risposta #6 il: Luglio 23, 2019, 09:15:18 pm »
It's not strictly better. Fellwar Stone lets you create mana outside of your commander's color identity. Arcane Signet cannot do that.
That's about the only scenario that's better in though.

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Risposta #7 il: Luglio 23, 2019, 09:22:35 pm »
Well, I will put a Arcane Signet in every commander deck, and the Fellwar Stone will replace another rock (Most likely Darksteel Ignot) for 3c+. My Memnarch deck will also keep Fellwar.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Hobocheese96

• Decks
« Risposta #8 il: Luglio 23, 2019, 09:50:31 pm »
Why not just use both? Also, just play a bunch of wraths and people will start using rocks over dorks again. :)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Risposta #9 il: Luglio 23, 2019, 09:54:39 pm »
A more valid question may be with Arcane Signet and the Talisman cycle being finished in Modern Horizons, how much if any drop off will the Guild Signets see?

I think there's a valid case for still running the Signets since they also color fix but I've heard some people at my LGS that have the opposite view.
This space for rent.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Risposta #10 il: Luglio 23, 2019, 10:09:46 pm »
I think that with the Talisman cycle completed, and with Arcane Signet, the 3 CMC mana rocks like Darksteel Ingot, Lockets, and Commander's Sphere will see less play, as well as 2 cmc cards like Star Compass and Coldsteel Heart.

Marshstepper78

• Decks
« Risposta #11 il: Luglio 23, 2019, 10:41:52 pm »
I think the guild Signets are not going to be essential anymore. Personally, I'd rather have a mana rock I can use immediately, without additional resources, than one I need to sink a mana into, even if the Signets can fix your mana early on. I guess it'll depend on how colour-intensive your commander or general strategy is (re: Signets).

Commander's Sphere can (almost) be set aside from the other 3cmc mana rocks in that you can sac it for a card when mana is no longer a concern.
« Ultima modifica: Luglio 23, 2019, 10:43:30 pm da Marshstepper78 »

Xaarvaxus

• Decks
« Risposta #12 il: Luglio 23, 2019, 11:39:56 pm »
Budget concerns and availability will keep the guild signets relevant for quite some time I think.   Commander's Sphere and Mind Stone still have some interaction with Sun Titan, Muldrotha, etc. that may keep them in certain decks but I'd be surprised if they show up as frenquently… though I can't go a week without finding a deck that is running Manalith so I suppose those decks can always provide a new home for the Sphere. 

Depending on how many Arcane Signets I can get my hands on will also determine how much use I put the card to....is this going to be in every EDH and Brawl release going forward like Command Tower or more limited like Path of Ancestry?

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Risposta #13 il: Luglio 23, 2019, 11:48:17 pm »
Depending on how many Arcane Signets I can get my hands on will also determine how much use I put the card to....is this going to be in every EDH and Brawl release going forward like Command Tower or more limited like Path of Ancestry?

I'll think it will be the same than with Sol Ring and Command Tower in the Commander precon, especially since brawl is a rotating format.
Path of Ancestry is a "bad" example, since this was a (great) tribal card. Even if I would like to see a reprint, there isn't a real reason to reprint this outside commander anthology, unless we get some new tribal decks.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Griz024

• Decks
« Risposta #14 il: Luglio 24, 2019, 02:54:38 am »
I will replace all of mine with the new signet.

But i can see decks that steal permanents wanting fellwar stone to play other people's activated abilities