deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tópico: Modern Horizons Spoilers  (Lida 7301 vezes)

CleanBelwas

• Decks
Re: Modern Horizons Spoilers
« Responder #30 em: Maio 20, 2021, 10:10:44 am »
We almost got an Ashnod in Commander Legends.

Taken from Gavin Verhey's youtube channel where he made a video discussing cards that almost made it (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=todKpc5Lgjc).

I'm sure it will come as no surprise to those of you familiar with the cards and decks I like to play that I was very disappointed when this didn't come to fruition.

Still, she's on their radar and they've been experimenting so maybe one day.

The Golgari Guy

• Deck optimization never ends
  • Decks
« Responder #31 em: Maio 20, 2021, 11:02:11 am »

We almost got an Ashnod in Commander Legends.

Cool, I had missed this one! Anyway I am with you, an Ashnod card would be super cool!

Another character that I would really like to see as a card one day is Gix.
Golgari is life. And death.

Varatius

• Decks
« Responder #32 em: Maio 20, 2021, 03:32:56 pm »
So, first and foremost
• Artifact Creature – Clue Myr
Hot damn! New myr creature!

Next, I'm willing to bet the new planeswalker is either Urza or Yawgmoth, given they were both made legends for the first time in the last modern horizons.

Probably Yawgmoth, if you count the Unstable Urza.

It's gunna be dakkon in the lore he's a planeswalker and he's on the packaging if they don't print him as a planeswalker wizards will piss off the vorthos community.

Bonethousand

• Decks
« Responder #33 em: Maio 20, 2021, 04:30:34 pm »

Chub Toad related. Ice Age was 26 years ago, so this checks out.

I've waited yeaaars for memorizing this nursery rhyme to become relevant!

"Chub Toad, Chub Toad,
At the door.
Run away quick
Or you'll run no more!"

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Responder #34 em: Maio 21, 2021, 12:12:20 am »

Maro's Clues we've found:

• a planeswalker from the past that has previously only had a legendary creature card
• “Trample over planeswalkers”
• “choose a number between 1 and 5. Flip that many coins.”
• Creature – Elemental Incarnation
« Última modificação: Maio 21, 2021, 12:15:16 am por Morganator 2.0 »

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Responder #35 em: Maio 21, 2021, 01:31:29 am »
I love Unmarked Grave. It seems powerful, but it has several riders to make it not Entomb/Demonic Tutor level of strong. Cool card.

Varatius

• Decks
« Responder #36 em: Maio 21, 2021, 06:09:47 am »
That extended cabal coffee though omg I need a foil if it'll come in etched I'm getting that.

HowlingLotus

• Decks
« Responder #37 em: Maio 24, 2021, 08:06:49 pm »
So happy to see Chatterfang, Squirrel General . I already had cards set aside for Acornelia, Fashionable Filcher and Toski, Bearer Of Secrets deck. Guess I'll just be combining them and also waiting to see how many other Squirrel cards they reprint or introduce in the set.
Mainly play Casual Multiplayer and EDH.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Responder #38 em: Maio 25, 2021, 12:13:09 am »

Sword of Home and Hearh
Artifact - Equipment
Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has protection from green and from white.

Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, exile up to one target creature you own, then search your library for a basic land card. Put both cards on the battlefield under your control and then shuffle.

Equip 2

Serra's Emissary
4WWW
Creature - Angel
Flying

When Serra's Emissary enters the battlefield, choose a card type.

You and creatures you control have protection against the chosen card type.

7/7

Maro's Clues revealed:

• Legendary Creature – Squirrel Warrior

And maybe:

• a theme on only a handful of cards in Modern Horizons gets a larger presence (squirrels?)
• a fan favorite animal character finally becomes a legendary creature (squirrels again?)

The Golgari Guy

• Decks
« Responder #39 em: Maio 25, 2021, 12:32:24 am »
Does Lucid Dreams count as Tarmogoyf rip-off?  :D

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Responder #40 em: Maio 25, 2021, 02:50:31 am »

Can I just point out that this thing here is annoying and unnecessarily rude against colourless decks.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Responder #41 em: Maio 25, 2021, 03:03:48 am »

Can I just point out that this thing here is annoying and unnecessarily rude against colourless decks.
Yeah, that's a really strange card. I'm assuming it's to beat up tron decks in modern or something?
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Responder #42 em: Maio 25, 2021, 03:57:45 am »

Yeah, that's a really strange card. I'm assuming it's to beat up tron decks in modern or something?
I mean, it works against cards that you cast without paying their mana cost (or that cost 0 mana), right?

If you cast a Force of Negation for its alternate cost, you aren't spending any colored mana on it, so I would think Void Mirror would counter it.

The Golgari Guy

• Decks
« Responder #43 em: Maio 25, 2021, 10:54:20 am »

I mean, it works against cards that you cast without paying their mana cost (or that cost 0 mana), right?

If you cast a Force of Negation for its alternate cost, you aren't spending any colored mana on it, so I would think Void Mirror would counter it.

That is correct. It stops free spells (Force of Will, Force of Negation, Force of Vigor, Pact of Negation, etc.) and also alternative costs that don't require you to spend mana (e.g. Bolas's Citadel and K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth) and it also stops Cascade (sorry, Maelstrom Wanderer).

I still think that its effect is too niche to justify playing it in casual, but it will probably see play in cEDH.

By the way, I find it funny that it completely shuts down Golos, Tireless Pilgrim and partially also Urza, Lord High Artificer  :)

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Responder #44 em: Maio 25, 2021, 11:30:30 am »

That is correct. It stops free spells (Force of Will, Force of Negation, Force of Vigor, Pact of Negation, etc.) and also alternative costs that don't require you to spend mana (e.g. Bolas's Citadel and K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth) and it also stops Cascade (sorry, Maelstrom Wanderer).

I still think that its effect is too niche to justify playing it in casual, but it will probably see play in cEDH.

By the way, I find it funny that it completely shuts down Golos, Tireless Pilgrim and partially also Urza, Lord High Artificer  :)

Also a bit of a silver bullet against Tron. Going to be in a lot of Modern sideboards I suspect.

Edit: Just seen that Sylvester12 already mentioned this. I agree completely. Has a lot of stax applications in EDH, but it's for sure to mess with Tron, which has been a tier 1 modern deck for years and has had a bunch of stuff banned at various times, such was its dominance.
« Última modificação: Maio 25, 2021, 11:35:43 am por CleanBelwas »